Chapter 870

Eva's POV: After making my way to my room, I grabbed my iPad and then decided to call my aunt and uncle myself. Might as well just do it so that I am ready and at least look appropriate while also being comfortable in bed. One good thing about having this is I get a lot of time in bed. God this was comfortable. However, one bad thing was how annoying my dad was. However, I knew he was doing it because he cared and was worried. At least, I hope that's all it is. I hope this isn't him trying to make up for all the time he missed when I was a kid. Whatever, I am just glad that I am getting some attention from him right now. Might not get that when the twins come along.

Once my aunt answered, I smiled at them. "Well, if it isn't the happy newlyweds. By the way, where was my invitation to your two weddings?" Gabby sighed and looked at me. "Sorry Eva, it was rushed and something you don't need to really know about. It has to do with your grandfather." I looked at my aunt and sighed. "What did he do to you anyways? I know about him going to jail but my dad never explained to me what he did." My uncle Matt sighed and just shook his head. "Eva, we are looking forward from that situation. It was a crazy time and was very scary. Can you please just not make us relive that situation?" I understood and nodded.

"Sorry for asking. I guess, I just am having a hard time seeing him in any other light other than the loving, caring grandfather I knew growing up." My aunt Gabby then sighed and wiped a tear away from her eye. "I know exactly what you are going through right now Eva. Believe me, it was very hard for me to send my father to jail. However, I needed to do it because he was causing me and Matt a lot of pain. All we wanted to do was be a happy newlywed couple but your grandfather was overshadowing all of it." I nodded and felt bad for them. "I'm sorry for asking about grandpa. Please forgive me and don't hang up on me. I want to speak with you about your trip to Florida. How did it go? I saw the rescue you made at the beach."

Matt smiled when I said that. "That was probably one of the most adventurous days we ever had there. Actually, we saw a friend earlier that day as well. Him and his new wife were there on their honeymoon. His name is Jake Cordova...." When I heard that name, I knew exactly who he was. "Wait, your Jake Cordova aunt Gabby? As in your ex-boyfriend that you snuck into grandpa's cabin in once when we were on a family trip." Gabby blushed and nodded. "Okay, that might've happened once." Matt nodded and smiled. "So, you were a rebel even back then?" Gabby nodded. "What? I am a latina and we are crazy. Right Eva?" I nodded and smiled. "Yes we are."

That's when I heard my dad walk in. "Yes we are what?" Turning to look at him, I smiled when he gave me some food and a drink. "Oh, me and aunt Gabby both just commented on how latinas are crazy." My dad nodded and smiled before walking up to me while wearing a face mask. Leaving a kiss on my forehead, he smiled. "Let me know if you need anything okay? And feel better Eva. We are going to get you through this, I promise." I nodded and could tell my dad was worried. "Did I say how sorry I was that I got this?" My dad nodded and smiled. "Yes, now I am going to go back with Sylvie. Have fun talking to Gabby and Matt."

I nodded and smiled. "Dad, do you plan on marrying Sylvie?" My dad looked at me and sighed. "I'm not sure yet Eva. I mean, what would you think about that? I mean, she is a lot younger than me but...she is pregnant with your half-siblings? Would you be okay if I decided to get married again in a non-religious ceremony?" I smiled and nodded. "Dad, I just want you to be happy. And Sylvie makes you happy. I want you to have what Aunt Gabby and Uncle Matt have again." My dad smiled when I said that. "How about first we get through the pandemic?" I agreed and smiled. "Just keep an open mind dad. Who knows...maybe you'll want to do it again?"

My dad nodded and smiled before walking away. Turning my attention back to my aunt and uncle, I saw Gabby smiling at me. "You want to have a stepmother don't you Eva?" I nodded and smiled. "Okay, this is going to sound odd. But you have to admit that they are pretty cute together. And I hate saying this but my dad never looked at my mom that way. I think my dad loves her more than he ever loved my mom. So, if that makes my dad happy....then I am going to be the first one to RSVP yes to their wedding and say yes to being the maid of honor."

Gabby looked at me and shook her head. "No way! That's my job! Matt is going to be your uncle's best man if he gets married again. And you are not walking down the aisle with my man." Matt then looked at her. "I would be his best man?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "Matt, he was your best man at our wedding. Why wouldn't you be the same at his wedding?" Matt nodded and smiled when Gabby said that. "I just hope he at least waits until Matteo is walking. Then he can have the cutest ring bearer in town in his wedding party."

We all smiled at the thought. "By the way, do you guys think I can get pictures of Matteo? I want to show my friends how cute my cousin is. They don't believe me when I explain just how adorable he is." Gabby smiled and nodded before grabbing her phone. She then texted them to me pretty fast. "Are those pictures adorable enough for you?"