Ch. 7 Innocence

Beginne am Anfang

"Mom?" Kiara took a step forward.

"She wants me," Posey said to Killian. She didn't wait for him as she pushed him aside and ran up to Kiara.

"Mom," Kiara started to sob.

"Come here, little dove," Posey cried out. She pulled her daughter into her arms and kissed her head repeatedly.

Tobias wasn't far behind. He pulled both Posey and Kiara into his arms and sighed many breaths of relief. Killian drowned the jealousy in his chest as he noticed the way Tobias' face twisted and the tears that swam in his eyes.

"Tobias," Ares walked up to his uncle. "Take her back to the dome. Have the doctors check her over. Killian, go with them."

"You guys got this over here?" Tobias asked, looking at the sandy dunes that led into the island.

"We got it," Ares nodded.

Posey didn't wait around for anyone to say anything. She looked over her shoulder at Killian and called him over. Killian moved without hesitation. He picked up Kiara into his arms and turned towards the portal Clare had opened for them.

"She'll be okay," Clare whispered to Tobias as they passed her.

Tobias didn't speak. He vanished into the portal, leaving the beach for the rest of the crew to handle. Clare let out a long sigh and pushed her hair out of her face. She turned to look over at Ares when a small light caught the corner of her eyes.

"Hayden, no!"

Hayden's hand stilled. His eyes flickered up to Clare as she rushed towards him. Her eyes were wide open with horror.

"What are you doing?" she asked, kneeling on the sand and pulling Nora's unconscious body away from the boy.

"She's barely breathing," Hayden's eyes darkened. "Do you hear the way her lungs sound?"

"You can't heal her," Clare shook her head. "She's human. You'll kill her."

"I wasn't going to heal everything," Hayden said in his defense. "Just enough to get her to the hospital."

"Hayden," Clare shut her eyes, trying to control her temper. "Even I can't heal humans. They are not like us. Even the tiniest amount of energy from us and they'll die."

"Then give her to me," Hayden looked at Nora. "Let me take her back to the dome."

Clare didn't argue. She let Hayden scoop up Nora's tiny body and disappear through the portal just like the others.

"You okay, little dragon?" Ares walked up to her and pulled her to her feet.

Clare nodded.

"What's going on inside that head of your's?" Ares laughed, knowing the look on his wife's face.

"Something doesn't feel right," Clare looked around.

"What do you mean?"

"I.....I can't explain it. But I have this gut feeling," Clare's gray eyes scanned the long beach. "It's not over yet."

"Whatever it is," Ares stepped closer and kissed her forehead. "We can handle it."

"Yes..." Clare nodded.

"My men are already at the base," Ares looked over his shoulder. "They're waiting for us."

"Waiting for what?" Clare raised a brow.

"They want us to see something."

Clare groaned, "What now?"

"I don't know," Ares shrugged. "But let's go check it out."