:: Chapter 21 :: A Birthday, Truths and Orphaned

Start from the beginning

"Meeew." Sirius looked over to find Chester and Bronx, the niffler on the kneazle. And the kneazle did not look happy at his snooping of its masters office.

"Okay okay, I'll leave." He laughed at the kneazles little glare. It was honestly adorable to see. But he stopped. "Harry Potters blood test...they had a blood tes-what in the name of Merlin?" He said as he read it.

____

Percy walked into the house showing a Hermione in. She was better but silent as she held the present she had for Harry close to her, as well as her cat Crookshanks. "Now, we can make the room you want however you want it later but for now it'll be a little bland, will that be alright?" He asked as he closed the door.

"That'll be fine. Thanks." She grimaced a bit but was happy Percy was being nice to her.

"Hermione! I didn't think you'd come so early-is everything okay?" Harry asked as he noticed her red eyes and she started to cry again before he could find anything out. He quickly took his friend into his arms. "Dad, what's going on?"

Percy smiled sadly. "Seems Hermione will be staying with us till she graduates or longer if she wishes. We'll explain more later, but let's get her settled into the room next to yours okay?"

Harry nodded and took Hermione up himself, trying to soothe her the best he could. But Percy didn't follow as he met eyes with a serious Sirius Black. Pun not intended.

He walked outside with Sirius following as he obviously had something important to ask. And considering the parchment he had it was going to be a long talk.

Putting up a silencing spell, just as Sirius went off on him.

"Why does it say that James and Lily adopted Harry, why does it say Snape of all people is Harry's biological mother?" Sirius spouted off one after another of questions and Percy quickly calmed him and started to explain.

____

Hermione watched as Harry showed her the room she was given, she had her own bathroom and a closet connected to it as well as it connected to her room. She sat on the plain bed as Harry told her how the hot water works. And she would have been fascinated at it if it weren't for the past couple days. She was tired.

"Hey, you sure you are okay?" Harry asks and sits beside her, worried for her as she didn't seem like herself.

Instead of crying she leaned her head onto his shoulder. Tired of crying by now. "My parents-they disowned me. Because I'm a witch....they were fine at first-they wanted to learn more. But they started growing weary and reluctant to let me go. Then they stopped taking our regular vacations. They stopped praising me to ignore me instead. They...didn't want a special child anymore...they didn't want me..." she whispered softly by the end of it.

"I'm so sorry Hermione. I know what it's like-in a different way I suppose. The muggle family I was with before my dad, they hated magic. They tried to beat it out of me-" Hermione gasped as she looked up. He nodded at her questioning look. "Yes, I have scars from them, I'm stunted from the malnourishment even with potions I was given to heal from it, it still left their marks. The only scars I don't have from them is the lightning one and this weird y one on my shoulder. The lightning one is my oldest-I assume anyways. So I know it's better to be with people that love you for who you are, hats don't hurt you by doing something like what your parents did and what my relatives did...we deserve so much better Mione. Don't let anyone tell you different."

Hermione was wrong, she did have some tears left. "Thank you..." She smiled at him through the blurry vision.

"So how does my dad work into this story?" Harry asked with a confused frown.