Caution and Trauma

Start from the beginning

Masamune brought in both the old lady that owns the onsen and the girl that served their dinner, keeping his sword close to both of their necks. Mitsunari and the military troops on the other hand made sure that none of the staff are escaping the scene. 

Ieyasu rushed to the girl's side and poured the antidote into her mouth, tilting her head to swallow it. " MY LORD! WE WOULD NEVER BETRAY YOU! " The old lady resisted but was quickly silenced by Masamune's intense glare, " WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THE WARES WERE COVERED IN POISON! " The servant defended herself, as Nobunaga raised an eyebrow, " how did you know it was the wares and not the food? " 

The sentence turned both of them silent as the cold atmosphere was then broken by the sound of someone screaming and crying for help, Hibiki was awake.

TRIGGER WARNING!!

It was a brief memory of the past, I saw myself as a kid, playing with Izumi in our local playground when out of a sudden I was being dragged away by an unknown man, I screamed at the top of my lungs and Izumi was running for me, but the man was faster. He shoved me into his black van, locking me in and another person tied me up whilst I was struggling inside the van.

The memory skipped by itself and I remembered the man started touching my body even though I refused and screamed on top of my lungs for him to stop. I tried fighting back, but his hands were larger than mine, I tried biting, kicking, everything seems to be nothing but futile effort, as his fellow kidnapper took a hold of my hands. Everything felt so disgusting as he started to strip my child self down, I keep on crying and begging them to stop but none of them listen and instead felt joy by the way I suffered-- 

TRIGGER WARNING FINISHED

" IM BEGGING YOU! STOP! " My eyes shot open, I could feel their disgusting hands touching my body as my entire body trembled by the memory, my heart was beating fast, I couldn't help but cry and hyperventilate. I feel so scared, I feel so weak, and I feel disgusted towards myself. I curled into a ball and sobbed, " Hibiki! Get a grip on yourself! " someone called my name, my memory is all messed up, I can't even differentiate whether I am truly awake from the nightmare, I can't stop myself from trembling. 

" Hibiki... don't worry, we're here " the reassuring tone made me snap out of it, I looked up and saw Hideyoshi and Ieyasu sitting by my side. Hideyoshi opened his arms as I couldn't stop myself from diving into his warm embrace, he is truly... like an older brother I never had. " You're going to be fine..." He assured as I sobbed harder.

" Cut off their heads " Nobunaga's stern order was enough to let Masamune swing his sword at full speed, decapitating both of the women in question. " Ieyasu, what's wrong with her? " the warlord proceeds to walk towards Hideyoshi and Ieyasu, the scene looks oddly familiar to when he approached Hibiki on the night they played shogi. " I'm puzzled as well, the antidote isn't supposed to have any sort of drawbacks " the warlord responded as he started brewing another medicine. 

" This should calm her down back to normal," He said as he passed the medicine over to Hideyoshi, " Hibiki, I need you to take a deep breath and swallow this... can you do that? " the light brown warlord gently asked as he placed the cup onto the palm of my trembling hands. I gave a simple nod and did as I was asked, the medicine did calm me down, as I can now think straight and my hyperventilation has stopped and I'm breathing normally. I looked around me and saw 4 pairs of eyes staring at me worriedly, noticing how I am now once again indebted to them, I bit my lip in disappointment to myself, I slowly removed myself from Hideyoshi and lowered my head, asking for forgiveness.

" I'm sorry for causing you all trouble once more... feel free to decapitate me as well " 

Let's think about this for a moment, even if I stayed here and being alive, it's not like I could do much? All I've been doing is causing trouble, and this incident proves it. It's not like I have an ambition either, I'm practically the dead weight of the group. No matter how hard I try to not hold them back, in the end, that's all I really do. 

" Since you're sincerely requesting for it, let me do the honors, " Nobunaga said as I heard his sword unsheathed, I could feel the cold blade against my neck as I prayed to God it won't be painful. " One question before I slice your neck off," He said as I glanced towards him.

" What are we to you? " 

Thinking over the question, the love-hate, bitter banter relationship that's been going on with me and the warlords felt like... like... family. As someone who grew up in a dysfunctional family, I truly... cherished the times we spent together. Not to mention, I had finally get to experience what it felt like to have brothers who cared for you, hate you but would still treat you when you're sick... I don't wanna leave yet. 

" family... " I timidly said as I feel the cold blade being lifted from my neck, I close my eyes and prepared for the full swing of the blade.