1)

Another unsuccessful gig at yet another bar. Another night of drinking the pain away. Another night of walking home alone with my guitar.

"Fuck its cold." I mumbled grabbing my coat out of my pocket.

I quickly dialed my mom's number, hearing it ring twice before she answered.

"How did it go?" She asked immediately.

"Another dud show, everyone was to drunk to care anyways." I sighed.

"Awww im sorry Hailey." She said sympathetically.

I cringed at the use of my birth name, I hated it so much.

"Yeah, well, there's always next time." I groaned as a car sped past.

"Kid, its been 6 months, I know this is what you want to do but your financial situation needs a better plan, you need a real job." She said.

"Im fine mom, I've already got the waitressing and bartending, plus im picking up shifts at the daycare center." I snapped slightly.

"Don't get snippy with me missy, you know im just worried about you." She said adding a 'don't even try it' tone to ward me off of fighting with her.

I stopped at the bright red stop sign, waiting for the 12:45 bus.

I let out another sign. "I have to go, I'll talk when I get home." I said quickly before hanging up.

The bus sped down the street screeching to a hault. I payed the driver and took a seat, setting down the guitar beside me.

I put in my ear buds, playing the "Joanne" album to keep my thoughts away before I got home. Last thing i needed was thinking myself into a breakdown.

The bus stopped and started, picking up random people and letting people off. Most of them couldn't catch a second glance from me until a group of a few girl got on the bus, obviously a little tipsy, and sitting across from me.

The blond casted a glance at me, seeing my guitar her eyes lit up slightly.

"You play?" She asked.

"Uhhh yeah." I said a little awkwardly.

"Where you heading from?"

"A bar downtown, played a gig, didn't go so great, everyone was to drunk to even bat an eye." I grumbled slightly.

"That sucks! I know the feeling." She sighed.

This blond was obviously captivating, she seemed so familiar.

"Can you play something?" She smiled politely.

"Sure." I shrugged. "She's an old thing, a little worn out but still a beauty." I explained pulling out the acoustic.

"Any recommendations?" I asked.

"Mmmm you know iris by the goo goo dolls?" She questioned.

I smiled and immediately started the chords, gently singing along to it.

Her eyes were locked on me as I played, the rest of the group turning to watch as well.

"Yeah ya bleed just to know your alive." She started to softly sing along.

I smiled slightly, enjoying the feeling of having someone actually watch and enjoy my passion.

"That was beautiful." She smiled after I finished the song. "No one has gotten you a record label yet?" She questioned.

"No, and In starting to think they never will." I said a little disappointed.

"Hey, heres my number, text me and I can hook you up." She smiled.

"I- Im at a loss for words, oh my god thank you." I beamed.

"Anytime sweetheart." She pulled down her glasses slightly, giving me an adorable wink.

My heart fluttered slightly as she did so.

"Im Stefani, by the way. Don't leave me hanging." She smiled as the buss stopped, as her abd her friends rushed off.

I looked out the window and she gave me a wave before disappearing into the distance as the bus took off again.

How did that just happen?

____________
A/N

Hey loves! Hope you enjoyed this short first chapter, the next will 100 percent be longer.

Love you all ❤

~ Aura