Chapter II

Watching Panchali proceeding towards him Sahadev shuddered. He never could imagine ringing of anklet can sound sharper than swords in battlefield.it seemed his feet started sinking in earth, he thought he will come on his knees in no time. He looked at door in a sudden thought of running away from situation but the door is already closed by her. He started perspirating now, this is the toughest test in his life he is facing today.

"Aarya, I was waiting since afternoon for your call" the nightingale sang in a complaining tone.

Sahadev for first time in life wished if he was devoid from power of talking , at least he wouldn't have to struggle with words.

"Aarya is there anything wrong?" nightingale sung again, Sahadev kept his head bent , he had no courage to face the eyes deep as ocean.

Panchali came more closer, Sahadev quickly backed off , but he had to stop only after two or three steps sensing the wall behind him. He gasped, the lucrative aroma of lotus coming from his lady love was taking his sense away. Still he couldn't help but inhaled the blue lotus deeply with closed eyes.

"Aarya" this time nightingale's voice was chocked. Confused Sahadev opened his eyes only to find little pearl glittering on the corner of ocean. The scene was most unexpected to him. He was ready for a good lashing tongue out for making her waiting like that. All of the brothers are quite aware of her straight forwardness. 

They feel both tensed and proud of her that nature at a time. They were accustomed to put up with her tongue but there is simply no way to defend oneself from those precious perls. They are more effective than her words.

Sahadev gasped again. One of those pearl came out of the ocean. Sahadev couldn't hold himself any more. No way can the floor carpet be that lucky to have the pearl upon it. Sahadev advanced and caught the pearl on his finger, as if he held most precious gem of earth.

"Panchali no, please don't cry" uttered Sahadev forgetting all hesitation.

"what should I do Aarya tell me then, if a wife gets neglected by her husband, what should the unfortunate woman do? Panchali continued to sob making her young husband amused. He never ever could imagine anyone can shade tear to get his attention that too most desirable lady of Aaryavart?

"Panchali, please don't get me wrong" Sahadev tried to speak with his sinking voice.

"No Aarya, you needn't to say that. I realized if there is anything wrong then its only in me. I should have understood earlier that you don't like me." the sobbing nightingale released most deadly weapon which directly hit on heart making the opponent numbed.

"How could Panchali think that I don't like her? What can be more cruel accusation than this?" ever her tongue lash is far less piercing than this.

"Its my mistake continued Panchali. In these years you didn't talk to me on your own. You always avoided looking at me. I was so dumb to figure the truth out from your behavior. How can a brainless lady as me deserve the most intelligent man of Aaryavart? She collapsed in tears.

First time ever in his life Sahadev cursed himself for his shyness. He never felt such ashamed in his life, his silence caused pain for his love? How can he redeem himself for such mistake? Even in the state of dilemma he wondered, in all these years Panchali noticed him such minutely? 

And He used to think that as usual he got unnoticed by her too. His heart got filled with admiration and respect for this precious lady.

He cupped her face in his palms and lifted the sobbing bluish diamond making the oceans meeting innocence.

"Panchali please, don't waste your tears on me, I don't deserve this." Sahadev made first effort to cajole his lady love.

"Then suggest me Aarya what can I do? You are greatest adviser on the Earth, give one to me today, what should the most suitable action for me after being rejected by my husband on first night?"

Again the sweet sugary knife of her words pierced him, the pain of which got visible in his innocent eyes.

"Panchali please don't make me feeling guilty anymore, Its being hard to bear the burden of my gilts for hurting you" Sahadev begged holding the smooth feather like arms of his beloved, even the very thought of which used to tremble him till now.

"Oh I am sorry Aarya, I hurt you again. I knew , I can never do any good to make anyone happy. Better I should leave otherwise I will cause more troubles for you." Before Sahadev could recover from the shock of her words Panchali stepped towards the door.

It felt to Sahadev as if his life is being snatched away from him in front his eyes. No he can't let her go, Today Sahadev realized the depth of his love for Panchali.

"Panchali , wait" he followed her. Panchali quicked her steps seeing Sahadev coming. But in hurry her feet slipped and she fell
"ouch"

Sahadev's heart skipped out to see his precious gem scattered on floor.

"Paanchalii" he almost shouted as he reached to her in a jump. "are you allright?" he gasped with small duration in tension.

"ouch" Panchali moaned holding her ankle.

"is it paining too much?" asked Sahadev worriedly
"don't worry Aarya, I am fine. Panchali tried to get up but failed and lost her balance, but this time Sahadev didn't let her fall again. He held his gem tightly near his heart. For a moment he shivered getting her that close but he didn't loosen his grip over her.
"Please don't move Panchali, let me check you first" Youngest pandava picked his wife in his arms as if picking bundle of flowers.

 His concerns and love overpowered his hesitation and shyness. He proceeded towards bed carrying his beloved tenderly.

Panchali wrapped her delicate arms around her young aarya's neck, Sahadev knew it was required to maintain the balance. But innocent young prince didn't notice the mischievous grin that formed a curve on corner of the petal like lips of Panchal princess.......

........................

I hope u liked today's update ❤️