chapter ten.

❞𝐈 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐒

❞𝐈 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐒.❞

*

THE LIGHTS  are fucking bright. That's the first thought in my mind when my eyes open, my mouth is dry, I can still taste the blood. I sit up with every muscle aching. Everything comes rushing back to me. Rose Lark and her death. 

I look around, the bat cave is empty. I get up from the metal gurney, my legs are jelly and fuck I'm reminded of how much I hate Rose. I feel like a hundred hangovers are hitting me at once. I touch my clothes, new clothes, no blood and not even a speck of dirt. Samantha or someone must've changed my clothes. 

I walk towards the stairs, holding the walls for balance. I reach the top of the stairs and open the door, the light slaps my face. I walk out, the living room is empty. I can't even hear a little bit of chatter from far away. 

The manor is apparently empty. 

I go to the kitchen, I wouldn't normally be allowed her but I can't see Alfred or even hear him, so I've decided to take my chances. I don't know how long I've been out. I need water. 

I find water, and chug an entire glass. My fish brain is pleased. 

I sigh, placing my hands on the counter. 

"Alex?"

I spin on my heel, Dick is standing in front of me. I've been dreading telling everyone about my past, but the reaction I've dreaded the most is probably Dick's, and here he is. The first person I see after passing out from my actions.

I clear my throat, I feel awkward, I don't know what to say. So I don't say anything. 

Dick must've sensed my awkwardness because he smiles, he's leaning against the doorway, "Did you just chug a glass of water? You don't usually do that unless you're about to die from dehydration..."

I scratch my cheek, "I may or may not have been about to pass out from dehydration... so I'm not doing anything unusual."

Dick grins now. 

I scratch my cheek, "How long was I out?"

Dick's grin drops, "Three days."

"Do you guys know... about all of it?"

Dick nods, "Damian told us, everything from five years back... the bat-team knows, the rest of the League is not aware."

I nod, "What's... what are the basic reactions of everyone?"

Dick leans away from the doorway and makes his way to me. I tense more, is he going to punch me?

He hugs me. 

I lied to Dick and I expect him to be angry, but he's hugging me. 

It's a warm hug, my heart is beating fast and my cheeks are flushing. Dick's face is buried in the crook of my neck and I can feel him smile. He says nothing. I say nothing. I don't want say anything and risk ruining this perfect moment.