𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

the day had come.

i put on the new uniform. it was a creamy beige color, with a white button shirt underneath, equipped with a cute tie. it was given to me by the council two weeks before the start of school. of course, i was used to this type of uniform, but i wasn't going to be used to this new school i was going to. i had just moved from tokyo to yokohama, and due to me being ahead of the first-years at this school, i have been moved up to the second-years. at least, that's what the council said. a fourteen year old as a second-year in middle school, how normal.

i walked to the school, it wasn't very far from my new-- place on the street, so that's a plus i guess. as soon as i stepped in, a very short girl with not very long brown hair spotted me as it seemed. she rushed over to me. 

"hi! you're the new person, yes?" she asked me. i was a bit shocked, but i nodded.

"awesome! i was told that you'd be in the same class as me and my friend over there!" she pointed to a small man with light brown hair that looked orange in the sunlight peering from the window, his hair framed his face and a longer section fell over his shoulder. no wonder that's her friend, he seems to be the only short person here, besides her. i thought, putting a hand over my mouth to stop myself from laughing. don't think like that, it's rude.

she introduced herself as misuzu kaneko, and the short guy was chuuya nakahara. i guess i should introduce myself, this story is about me anyway-- unfortunately.

my name is fumiko hayashi. i'm the protagonist of this story, but not any other story. it's the way life is, and i've come to accept it. you're the protagonist of your story, i'll be mine. now, do you want a happy, and cheerful story with nothing but glee and euphoria? don't read this story which i am the protagonist of, it has barely any of those themes. it may be seen at some times, but with the path i have chosen throughout my life, it's hard to find it. now, back to this amazing flashback.

i walked to the classroom, talking to the duo.

"so! this will be your first class! it's very weird finding people who also got to be a second-year because they were too "advanced". small world, right?" kaneko grinned, to which i hummed in agreement. "wait, how old are you? wait! don't answer that! that's rude!" she stumbled over her words, to which i chuckled to.

"no, it's fine. i'm fourteen." i answered with a small smile.

"oh, then you're a year older than me! i'm thirteen years old." she smiled brightly at me.

i look at her, "you must be very smart then." i complimented.

she blushed, "thank you." she looked at the ground.

"no problem--"

"chuuya!" i was cut off by a male saying the chibi's name. chuuya gave an "irk!" of annoyance, i turned to see a male with bandages around his arms, eye, and a patch on his cheek.

holy shit he was so hot.

haha what the fuck am i thinking?? i looked down in my own shame, then looked up again.

hold up, why is he wearing bandages?

"so, you finally got a girlfriend, eh?" he teasingly spoke, looking down at kaneko.

"no! she's not-- damn you. and you can't say anything! you don't have--" chuuya was cut off. by who?

me. that's who.

"what the fuck happened to you?"

great question, am i right?

the male then looked at me, puzzled. "uhm-- what?" he smiled awkwardly.

"what. the fuck. happened. to you?" i spoke again, because my brain still hadn't processed that i was probably  being a huge dick, but he just laughed.

"failed suicide attempts!" he answered with a smile.

do.

the fuck.

what?

"you wanna-- talk about it?" i asked with a monotone voice, raising a brow. now he looked more puzzled, it was now his turn to raise an eyebrow at me. we just stared at each other for a good minute, he was still leaning on chuuya's shoulder, chuuya was looking like he was about to kick him in his balls and watch him wince in pain, and kaneko looked just as confused. "well, might as well make conversation than to fucking stare at you. what's your name?" i furrowed my brow, my voice still monotonal.

"my name is osamu dazai." he stood up straight, i saw chuuya sigh of relief. he then bent down onto a knee, and grasped my hand. "at your service.~"

"good for you. i'm fumiko hayashi. nice to meet you, i guess." i answered, actually totally fine with whatever bandage kink was doing. he then stood up once more.

"well, i've--"

"got to go to class? that'd make sense." i finished his sentence.

"yes. fucking leave." chuuya breathed out.

"don't be rude, chibi." i smirked, looking down at the small man. dazai nodded.

"if you won't listen to me, you stubborn little-- dog, you'll sure as hell listen to her." he grinned, then turning to walk off. he waved his hand as he walked to his class. chuuya seethed with anger, and kaneko calmed him.

"c'mon chibi one and two, we need to go." i turned to get to my class as well.

i turned my head to see dazai doing the same, he saw me looking behind myself and looking at him. he winked, then told me to look in my pocket. i did as so and saw his number and name on a piece of paper. when did he do that? i thought to myself. i smiled to myself,

sly bitch.

little did i know, i'd be associated with osamu dazai, misuzu kaneko, and chuuya nakahara for most of my adulthood.

...

strap in, it's a bumpy ride.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS STORY!!! ITS MY FIRST CHAPTER SO IT'S A MESS IM SORRY, BUT STILL THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

have a nice day reader-chan!!

remember to vote or i will make barking noises in your closet tonight

-peachy <3

[1047 words]