Chapter 1

Delilah's POV

Delilah's POV

Loving the way this wind is blowing against my skin. The skin that's bringing so much attention towards me as I walk down the street.

Eyes of females are rolling with disgust, lip biting from men as I sway my hips naturally.

The glow upon my skin surrounds me as the sun shines bright. I close my eyes for a brief moment and re-open them to see that I almost walked right into the street. Cars honked at me as I jumped back. I put my head down and wait for my turn to walk across.

"Stupid." I mumbled to myself. I look across the street to see this group of guys on the corner, surrounding a car that's blaring music, laughing, smoking and joking around except one guy. He's sitting on the back of the car with a coffee cup in his left hand, looking around him, as if he's on the look out for something. I can tell he's the serious one out of the bunch. He lifts his hand to take a sip out of it and brings it back down. I wonder if thats actually coffee in that cup. I highly doubt if that's coffee in there.

I look at the light to see that the count down was already at 10 seconds. I rushed across before the light changed on me and as I look up I see all the guys watching me, except that one guy I was checking out.

"Hey lil mama"

"Wassup mami, let me talk to you for a lil bit"

" Come over here, I don't bit unless you want me to"

I frown at them and start to walk off until I felt someone grab my arm all rough.

"Let me go please." I said lowly, trying to pull my arm away from him. He steps closer to me and I close my eyes.

"Aye nigga, didn't she just say back the fuck off of her? Fuck wrong wit you nigga. You don't grab on no lady like that, I should cave yo chest the fuck in nigga" A deep voice speaks. The bass in his voice gave me chills and I mean in a good way. It made me want to bite my lip but I controlled myself. I look up at the guy who just spoke and I was in awe. It was the one who was on the car. He had this deep frown on his face as he stared at the guy who grabbed me. Even though he looks mean as hell, he fine as hell.

"My bad homie, I was just tryna tell her that her shoes are untied.. My bad lil mama. I aint mean to grab on you like that." He said as he let go of my arm. I rubbed my arm as I looked down. I guess he wasn't lying, my shoes was untied. I bent down to tied my right shoe just to have my hand popped. I blinked hard and rubbed my hand. The guy who had the tank voice was tying my shoes for me. I look at the other guys to see them staring all hard and they whispering to each other. I look to the guy that's still standing here and his eyes are big and wide.

I'm hella confused. He's just tying my shoes. No big deal.

He stood back up once he was done and walked back to the car and hopped back onto the back of the car with his back facing me.

Oh okay..

I walk over to where he's at and stood right in front of him looking at my hands.

"Thanks for helping me." I say with a low voice. I wait to hear a response back but I dont, so that makes me look up at him. He's just staring at me. I blink once at him and he just continues to look at me.

Alrighty then..

"Bye.." I said to him and he gave me a small smirk and a nod. I rolled my eyes and walked away, continuing what I was doing in the first place.

Clearly, he heard me the first time. I was not about to repeat myself and sound dumb in front of all of them. It's bad enough that already made me look like an idiot for speaking to him.

I shook my head as I finally made it to the park. I walked over to a swing and sat down on it. I sighed and watched my feet as I kicked the sand beneath me. I start to hum a melody to myself and began to sing whatever comes to me heart.

'If I were a boy, even just for a day
I'd roll outta bed in the mornin'
And throw on what I wanted, then go

Drink beer with the guys
And chase after girls
I'd kick it with who I wanted
And I'd never get confronted for it
'Cause they'd stick up for me

If I were a boy
I think I could understand
How it feels to love a girl
I swear I'd be a better man

I'd listen to her
'Cause I know how it hurts
When you lose the one you wanted
'Cause he's taken you for granted
And everything you had got destroyed

If I were a boy'

I shook my head, shaking the sad feeling off. I love singing in a place where I feel at peace and this park is one of my favorites. The birdies would always come to me once I was near the swings, I never understood that. I even had a bird fly and sit in my hand as I sung whatever.

No one would be at the park at this time so I wouldn't have to worry about anyone hearing my singing. The birds flew away quickly.

"You wrote that yourself?" I jumped and fell off the swing and landed on my butt. I frown at the pain I felt and looked to see who was talking to me.

It was the dude who grabbed me. He stood by the swing pole, smoking a blunt. I looked around and seen that all the other guys was here too but they was surrounding that same car again and that same dude who wouldn't speak back, he was standing this time. Leaning against the car, facing my way. He was watching me while I watched him. His stare was making me think of some things I shouldn't be thinking of. I look down at my hands and push some of my hair behind my ear, still feeling his intense stare. I get up and dust myself off and sit back on the swing.

"Umm no, I was just singing Beyonce's song.. Why?" I say to the guy standing here.

"That shit sounded good as fuck lil mama. I didn't even recognize. You made that song sound totally different." He said sitting next to me on the other swing. I look over at him and smile a little.

"You think so? I think I'm alright but not that good." I say giggle a little. He smiles too. Oh wow, he has dimples.

"Hell yeah, I can't believe you think you don't sound good girl. That's crazy, but nah, I just came over to see if you wanted to be friends. I need a new homegirl. The other one fell in love wit my ass and I just wasn't on that. So I had to ghost her." He said shaking his head. I laughed because of the face he was making. I can see myself being friends with him.

"Okay." I said smiling.

"Ight coo, let me see ya phone. I'mma give you my number so you can have it already. I'll probably hit you a little later tho. Got business to handle in a few." He said as he put his number in my phone.

"Okay. I'll probably be at work when you do decide to hit me up so if I don't respond back fast enough, that's why." I told him as I took my phone back. I texted his number and I heard his phone go off.

"Oh ight. I'll hit you later then. Gimme hugs." He stood up, opening his arms to me. I got up and walked into them and hugged him back. As I'm pulling back, I see that guy frowning over at me. I frown too because like, why you lookin at me anyways.

"I'm Derrick by the way." He said as he walked away from me. I waved at him and looked over to him. The frown was deeper than before. I tilt my head to the side, in questioning and he blinks his eyes and turns his body around, so all I see is his back side.

Weirdo..

I watch as Derrick makes it back to the group of guys and they all start hitting on him, besides him. It turns into a playful fight. I smile to myself as I watch them.

It must feel nice to be so carefree...