White Roses and a Black Rose

Start from the beginning

We went silent. I sighed.

I lift my hand and slapped her.

Karin touches her red cheek and looks at me in shock.

“This is a very special day to remember. Both you and L will treasure this day forever, even when your back to being a shinigami. So make this a wedding day to remember!” I yelled quickly.

Then I pointed at her reflection in a mirror behind me. “This is you, you better be happy! Because I worked my butt off for this for L!”

Karin looks at her reflection and then smiles. “You’re right.”

“Of course I-” Karin cuts me off by her hug with her arms around my neck.

“Thank you.” I heard her whisper.

This time it was for me to be shocked. Karin moves away and places her hands on my shoulders. She smirked. “Now time to dress you up.”

*Karin’s POV*

“There, perfect!” I said with a smile. I look up and down at Mello’s black suit. Instead of a black tie it was gold.

Mello frowns at his look in the mirror. “Are you sure a gold tie looks good?”

I bonked his head. “Of coarse it looks good!”

He rubs his head and glares at me. “Don’t bonk my head.”

I stuck out my tongue. “Whatever.”

I help Mello tighten his tie. “What day is it today in numbers?”

“Today is, October 6. So 106, why you ask?” Mello said with a confused look.

I smiled. “Because, it’ll be my favorite number.”

Then I looked at myself again in the mirror. I have a black frilly headband on my head with a black rose on it. The black frilly wedding dress looked beautiful, along with the long black socks and black high heals, even though they hurt like crazy!

Mello taps on my shoulder. I turn around to find him holding white roses in his hand. “Here.”

I hold the white roses and lift it up to my nose to smell its sweet honey dew. I moved it away. “It smells so nice, did you pick it?”

“L did.” Mello said and opens a door that we didn’t walk in. I walk and fond Kenta waiting outside.

Kenta looked surprised at me and then smiles. “You look beautiful sis.”

“Thanks Kenta.” I said and hook my arm around his.

“Call me brother.” Kenta said with a smirk.

I pinched his side. “I know you’re my brother, but I’ll always call you by your name. So do the same for me, okay?” I said with a smile.

“Sure.” Kenta leads me to the double doors.

*Matt’s POV*

I set down the last bench in the ball room. I wipe my forehead. “Man, why do I have to do all the work?”

“You only put up two benches.” L says sitting down on the floor and typing on his laptop.

I put my hands in my pockets. “Why are you working on your wedding day?”

“I know how long it takes for Karin to get ready.” L looks back at his laptop. “Another criminal died.”

I walk over to him and look at his laptop screen.