/Tubbook\

Hello! Sorry for the short chapter! I just kinda wanted to update this book because it's been awhile. Also I think I should say I'm thinking about making yet ANOTHER 'xreader' book, this time set in real life like my 'Serotonin' book. Just because I think my Serotonin book is okayish but there are a couple of things I would change now I'm getting the hang of writing these, but don't worry! I will continue writing Serotonin regardless :)  

'Hello?-'

It was Tubbo. He was dressed in a large long-sleeved yellow shirt with a black stripe across the middle, probably made to resemble a bee. The brunette slipped into the room, pulling the heavy wooden door shut behind him with one hand on the slightly rusted, metal, handle. In his other hand he held a large brown book, it was a little shaggy and torn up at some parts but it looked to be still mostly intact, the cover having a detailed pattern carved into it. As he approached the bed Y/n could see how his cheeks and knuckles had gone blue and then rosy with the cold. 

Y/n back into their corner, groggily blinking their eyes to rid the sleepy feeling as Tubbo dropped the book onto the bed with a muffled thud,

'Sorry to bother you, uh- well I'm not exactly sure what you name is, I know you're probably tired but…' he paused to heave himself onto the bed along with the book, sliding it towards Y/n who looked down at it curiously, brushing strands of h/c hair from their field of vision before reaching down and brushing the pad of their thumb gently across the leathery front cover which bared scars and tears from the test of time. 

'U-uh, Technoblade's been teaching me how to read and write, and I thought that maybe I could teach you a little of what I've learned? It might help if you're gonna be staying with us for awhile!' He smiled expectantly, his fluffy little goat tail wagging rapidly. Y/n blinked with a void expression, looking from the book to Tubbo and giving a confused little grunt. Tubbo quickly grasped that Y/n was still clueless to what he was saying,

'O-oh uh, here! Let me show you!-' Tubbo scrambled to his knees and waddled over to sit next to Y/n, placing the heavy hardback book on his lap before opening it to the first page, letting the cover fall and rest on the side of Y/n's scarred thigh. He pressed his finger to the slightly yellowed paper and ran it along a title word.

'Okay so, "pa-pa… p-page one"… one? Yeah that says one- these are what we call, vowles.' 

~time skip because no one wants to watch Tubbo teach a non verbal teen to read~

Now considering Tubbo was faced with the absolutely mammoth task of teaching a completely non-verbal teenager who had long missed their 'critical period', and considering he was only just learning himself, he had done an amazing job.

"B-e-e. Bee! That's it! Just- uh- just change that to a capital letter!-'' Tubbo clapped his hands together after pointing at the shakey, unruly hand writing. The teens had stayed up together till the early hours of dawn which had blessed them with a dim but improved light that filtered through the window frame to allow them to get a better look at the hardback book that sat before them. Sheets of messily inked parchment paper laid scattered across the bed, overflowing to the floor where they laid on a thin layer of dust and dirt.

"B-b… b-b-be-e?" Y/n squeaked, shifting their gaze from the paper they were writing on to Tubbo, who at the time was holding a book of animals and having the pad of his index finger pressed against the image of a bee,

"Yep! Buh-e, beeee-" Tubbo's smile gave Y/n reassurance that what they were saying was correct as they gathered a little more courage, reaching over and lightly brushing the tip of their finger over the picture of the bee.