A day full of panic

Atsushi is currently, to say the least, absolutely terrified. He just wanted a good and relaxing day off for crying out loud. He is trying, desperately so, to keep his bravado but his inner emotional turmoil is failing to keep it in check. It also doesn’t help having heard the rumors associating a certain mafioso, threatening ones at that. And to be in the close vicinity of the said mafioso in an elevator of all places right now, that too just the two of them is certainly a grave problem. He was in high spirits, planning on enjoying his day off in peace. How it ended up in him being at the receiving end of the death glare of the said mafioso? He has absolutely no time to think.

Flashback to the morning -

Atsushi wakes up, his mood great for once as Dazai had assured him the day before that he won't have to do any emergency work this time on his day off. And rest all the weird things aside, Atsushi knows that Dazai is true to his words. Also, the ad for a new musical play being shown in the theatre had caught his eyes. 'The Boy and the Puppy'; what an amazing show. And what a better time than this to watch it in the theatre when you are guaranteed to not be disturbed? So there he was, in front of the mall where the play was supposed to be shown on the screen. The breakfast at the cafe had taken much of his time than he had anticipated, not his fault that the taste was too good to not enjoy the breakfast properly. That implied, he was running late for the show. As he rushed past the entrance, the sight of elevator made him feel at ease. But the feeling lasted only for a second as the elevator slides open revealing the person standing inside, the one and only,

"NAKAHARA CHUUYA SAN!" Atsushi all but screamed, terrified at the sight of the most dangerous executive of the Port Mafia. The way his expression turned from a pleasant smile to surprise and later into a scowl didn't go unnoticed by Atsushi.

“What?” The Mafioso growled, his sharp gaze never leaving Atsushi.

“I’m scared! But I won’t make it if I don’t get in! Be strong!” And so Atsushi, summoning all his courage for the sake of the show, rushed inside the elevator. He was putting his life at stake just for the show, how ridiculous! If Kunikida ever finds out about this, he will be thoroughly disappointed in Atsushi. But now was not the time! All he did was tried to catch up to the elevator to prevent being late. And if he is to die here right now, in an elevator of a mall, pathetically so, he will try his best to put up a fight.

“What, are you going to leak?” Chuuya scoffs, and welp, there went Atsushi’s dignity in front of a member from an enemy organization.

End of flashback.

The situation inside the elevator is rather tense, save for that one comment from Chuuya. And just when Atsushi thinks that he can survive this short elevator trip, the elevator stops functioning. And what’s worse, even the buttons seem to stop working. After quickly assessing the situation, Atsushi deduces that Chuuya may have thought that Atsushi is in the middle of the mission and maybe Chuuya is trying to kill him. Yeah, that ought to be it!

“Ah! I get it. You may have thought that I’m in the middle of a mission, Chuuya san. But I’m just here to hang out! So, hurry up and free me, please!” Atsushi says, trying to keep as friendly demeanor as possible.

“What are you talking about, kid?” The unimpressed expression on Chuuya’s face, however, isn’t helping Atsushi to confirm his suspicion.

“You aren’t using your ability to stop the elevator somehow? Like, hrmpphh!”

“That’s a really dull excuse to blame my ability.”

“Chuuya san, do you have any business at the movie theatre too, then?” Atsushi asks, his curiosity piquing as he had observed that the button of the 4th floor was pressed, indicating that Chuuya was also about to get off on the same floor. And the only thing that existed on that floor was the movie theatre.