"I'm not sure. Daphne and Astoria aren't around much. They're not really apart of the Death Eater regime, more like—"

"Like what?" Pansy pushed, shoving out of Neville's arms to face him head on. Pansy was no master at Occlumency, though she had worked hard to shield her mind in battle. No one was allowed on the field without at least the basics of Occlumency cemented in their minds. Right now she stood, hands shaking as she pushed her bangs out of her face. Her gaze was dry and focused.

"Whores," he said, looking Pansy in the eyes. "They come, entertain the younger Death Eaters and leave afterwards. We don't get many chances to talk."

"Daphne would never do that willingly," Pansy said.

"I never said it was willingly. That's just how it has been."

"How long?" Pansy pressed.

"Pans, now isn't—"

"How long, Draco."

She wasn't Pansy of the Order right now. Not Hermione's friend, Pansy. She was Pureblood elitist Pansy Parkinson, demanding answers to questions she couldn't handle.

"Long enough that they don't look me in the eye anymore."

Pansy gasped. "You wouldn't."

"Of course not. It doesn't mean I don't see—"

"Draco," Hermione scolded. "That's enough." She turned towards Ron. "How's it looking?"

"We don't have enough blood replenishing potion to spare for her." Ron stood, disappearing the blood on the ground in a very mechanical manner.

"We can't just sit here and let her die," Pansy protested.

"There are people that have been dedicated to the Order for years that aren't being afforded the potions they need. We aren't wasting one on Daphne."

His tone left no room for arguments. In the end, he was right. No matter how hard it was for Pansy to stand by and watch, she had to accept it. Daphne had made decisions which made further assistance impossible.

So she sat by her side instead, holding her hand through the night and well into the next day, until Neville had to pry her fingers out of Daphne's.

"We've got responsibilities, Pans," he whispered. "We have to go back out on patrol."

Pansy merely nodded, sending a pleading gaze on Hermione, who had stayed by her side faithfully since her arrival.

"I'll watch over her," she confirmed.

So Hermione found herself sitting on the hardwood floor, back aching from the lack of cushion, when Daphne jerked awake.

Hermione was so shocked that she didn't move for a moment.

They had been so sure that Daphne would meet a dim, silent end that they hadn't bothered to restrain her or take her wand.

Hermione lunged for it, thankful that Daphne seemed disoriented enough to not ask questions.

She cast a Patronus and sent it to Draco. He arrived in less than thirty seconds.

---

"Since when have we become a hotel service for helpless Slytherins?" Ron bit out as he sewed up the gash in Hermione's arm.

Daphne, as it turned out, was less concerned with Draco's betrayal or being in Order custody than she was about her sister. Apparently Astoria had been handled roughly by one of the Death Eaters she was with. Daphne, after hearing her cries of protests, burst into the room and tore a man off of her, punching him in the face and then running away with Astoria in tow. They didn't make it far before they were caught and beaten again. Whoever it was must have heard Neville and Pansy's arrival, because Daphne claimed they left in quite a hurry, dragging Astoria by her hair.