It wasn't that she hadn't noticed things between her and Draco were shifting. She had noticed it earlier than probably anyone else. But she hadn't the time to unpack it all, or the energy to ponder the implications of what it all meant.

It was war. No one was guaranteed another day. If she let her guard down now, it would only open her up for more hurt. She wasn't sure how much more she could take before she never fully recovered. Or maybe it was already too late. It was quite possible she was already too damaged and just hadn't noticed yet. Maybe the others had and were just too polite to point it out.

"Ginny."

Hermione turned to see Theo walking into the kitchen, looking more serious than she was used to seeing. He'd insisted on not taking wolfsbane for this transformation, but the raid Kingsley had scheduled was on a full moon. It wasn't a coincidence.

He hadn't taken the news well. The downstairs bathroom door now had a hole in it the size of Theo's fist.

He had given into fits of anger more often as of late. Storming out of rooms had turned into fits of yelling and rage turned physical. He would disappear for a few hours, returning later in a much too cheery mood and a refusal to speak about what had happened.

Theo had begrudgingly taken the wolfsbane potion and participated in the raid. He looked awful now. Theo was quite literally dragging his feet, blood seeping from a gash on his forearm. He could probably use a visit to the infirmary. Hermione couldn't imagine the emotional toil of fighting off an impending werewolf transformation while also dueling in the midst of a war.

"Hermione, do you think I could talk to Ginny for a moment?"

"Only if you agree to visit the infirmary directly after."

Theo nodded with a tired smile, and Hermione left the room.

---

After the door had swung shut on Hermione, Ginny turned on Theo with a sharp gaze. He flinched back against her anger, so familiar in its place but foreign when aimed at him.

"You told me you'd go to the infirmary as soon as we returned."

"I was on my way up when Draco intercepted me."

Once Ginny's shoulders had drooped a bit he limped to the barstool next to her. Salazar's balls, he truly was sore. And his wolf was pissed. He had been keeping him at bay with the promise of him coming out to play last night. The moment the wolfsbane had hit his tongue a rage so dark and frightening had overcome him. It had been happening more and more lately, but this time he feared he wouldn't be able to suppress it. Luna had been helping him. Showing him muggle meditation methods and layering radish necklaces around his neck to fight off wrackspurts.

"They increase the chance of your anger getting the best of you. These should help."

And he had been angry the day Kingsley had told him about the raid. It could have been planned for any day, but they picked the full moon so he'd have to take the wolfsbane. He was so mad that he'd locked himself into a soundproof, wreck proof room that was designed specifically for him. Apparently they had learned a thing from Remus Lupin. Theo hadn't even known he was a werewolf. He tried to match up the calm demeanor of his third year teacher with the anger he felt inside and nothing made sense.

Luna had found him two hours later, carrying different herbs and plants and jewelry. He refused to let her within six feet of him. His body was quivering with anger and he was having trouble unballing his fists. He was terrified to hurt her. He had no idea what he was capable of. Luna didn't seem to notice.

She went on about edits the Quibbler had published about werewolf rights and the plans she had when the war was over.

"The Ministry said the Registry was for our protection, but if they were wrong about the war uprising, I think they could have been wrong about you, too."