---

Once at the Manor, Draco slowly made his way to his quarters, careful to not draw any attention to him. When the door was shut however, he flew into a frenzy, gathering all the things he had hidden carefully and preparing to apparate. He had almost completed his leave before he remembered one last thing. He stumbled, grateful he hadn't splinched himself and hurried to his dresser, where he pulled out what he needed. With a small pop, he was gone.

Once he had apparated to the cabin, and then to Grimmauld, he immediately set out to where he knew he'd find Granger. He could feel her, but she wasn't in her room or on the training grounds on the roof. His stomach flipped uncomfortably. Anywhere else, at this time of day, didn't bode well for her.

He followed his bind, up to the second floor. It took him into a large room that was lined with dozens of beds on each wall. Most of them were empty. He searched before he found Potter, Lovegood, Ginny and Theo surrounded around a bed.

He stormed up to them with an expectant glare. No way was he trusting his voice to speak right now.

Theo glanced up first and he held up a hand, apparently not so sure of Draco after his outburst in the kitchen all those weeks ago.

"She's fine, Draco. She collapsed up top but we were assured it's just exhaustion."

His shoulders drooped slightly, but still he wasn't satisfied. "Exhaustion? How severe?"

Potter shook his head while fidgeting with his glasses. "She'd said she hadn't been sleeping well, but this is the first time it's happened."

"Does no one pay attention to the way this woman runs herself rampant everyday?" His rage was bubbling over, disbelieving that not a single person had noticed her state. "Is there no one to take care of her when I'm not here?"

A heavy tension settled in the room as his words, said out of passion, finally met his ears. "It's my job, of course," he said, trying to save face. "Literally written into my magical core, at this point, so wipe that bloody look off your face, Nott."

Theo pressed his lips together. If he let even a single sound of the laughter he was repressing through, on Salazaar Draco would end him.

Ginny nudged Theo in the ribs harshly. "It's not funny, Theo. Malfoy's right, for once."

All eyes turned on her with shocked expressions. She raised her hands in mock defense. "I'm just as shocked as you all are, but look, he truly has made a point. We all have our binded to take care of us, and we do a great job of it." She raised her eyes to meet his, and though he could feel the malice and distrust, he also noticed the tentative hope. "Hermione was never good at balancing herself and all her duties. When Malfoy isn't here, we need to take the responsibility on ourselves."

Lovegood nodded. "Hermione and Draco have been separated for nearly a week. That's probably why she hasn't slept. It's an awfully longtime to be away from the person you are bound to." Her eyes met Harry's and both pairs of bound partners seemed to move closer to one another.

Draco could feel the synchronicity between the pairs and he hated it so much. He hated how two people had become one, how they relied on each other for nearly everything, but most of all he hated the huge feeling of longing that surged through him as he watched them interact. A part of him— a rather large part, if he was being honest— was urging him to go and sit in Granger's bed— not in the chair by her bed, but literally in her bed— and not leave her until she was conscious, and then he should probably stay by her side after that as well, just in case.

He hadn't realized he had moved until he was right by her bed. He couldn't find it in himself to be embarrassed, not right now.

"Harry, shall we go? It's date night, after all." His head snapped up to see Ginny's hand held out to Potter, who took it with a grin.