Aeipathy!

Prompt : My version of VashmAy meeting after 4 years. Based on the current track.

"Amrit tu chal mere naal...! Dekh mai tennu le jaane vaaste aagya. Chal ab." Uday said to a still Amrit who was not able to meet her brother's gaze.
Uday held her by her arm and said "chal ab.." but to his surprise she didn't move.

"Arre arre kaha lekar jaa rhe hain aap inhe saale sahab!!" Veer entered with a smirk on his face as he's too happy since morning when he got to know that Amrit returned to him out of her own will.

"Mai apni behen ko le jaane aaya hu.. vo yaha khush nhi hai...!" Uday said with firmness.

"Kya aap khush nhi hain? Aap jana chahti hain?" Veer sarcastically asked Amrit to which she nodded in a no. Uday was beyond shocked. He managed to sneak in Veer's house somehow knowing that Amrit isn't happy and obviously she loves Randheer but the "no" transfixed him.

"Amru..!" He intend to ask her but she stopped him with tears in her eyes and tremble in her voice "vaada kia hai maine inse.. or mai vo vaada nhi tod sakti veerji."
Uday got disappointed at her reply and chose to leave from there as he knows her sister will prefer to die instead of breaking her promises. She's all about her words. He began to left when Veer stopped him "arre Rukiye Rukiye,, aaj humne apni khushi ko sabke sath baatne ke liye jalsa rakha hai..aap rukenge to hume acha lagega.."

"Muje nhi rukna.." Uday eyed him but Amrit again told him to not leave. "Ruk jaiye na veerji..! Mere khaatir.."
Amrit is bound by Vashma's promise but she doesn't want Uday to be left unknown about his Vashma and Kabir. She can't do this with her brother. She knows Vashma will come today as Noor and this is the moment Uday can get to know about her all by himself.

"Vashma tera vaada nhi tod rhi hu,, Uday Veerji ki khushi jo chaar saal se kahi kho gyi hai bas vo lauta rhi hu...!" Amrit thought to herself while Uday was taken aback that why Amrit is ready to be with someone other than Randheer.

_____________

"Is jashn me aap sab ka swagat hai..!" Veer welcomed everyone present in the function and after expressing his happiness for getting Amrit as his wife he said "or aaj is jashn ko aur khubsurat banane ke liye humne ek adaakaara ko bulvaya hai.. unka hum par bhut ehsaan hai. Unke Naam or shaksiyat dono me Noor hai...!" And then suddenly a light royal music played in the background and Noor Mahal entered with her usual poise and elegance..! Uday unknown to who she actually is, was standing at the last with a sad face. He was constantly looking at Amrit who seemed very sad and very uncomfortable beside Veer. As he was looking around, Noor entered and he wasn't interested but as she uncovered her face and began dancing among the crowd, he lost his senses. Amrit cupped her face in shame to see her best friend dancing in front of her but she knows it is necessary today. She looked in Uday's direction to see him but he was silent, his stare was hollow and blank.

Uday was dumbfounded to see his Vashma as a nautch girl. He was heartbroken to see her like that. A girl who he has always seen as a fighter - fighter for her dreams, for his dreams has become so weak. Her passion, her art has become a shame. He was thrown into a line of thoughts about what she and his Kabir must be going through in these four years of brutal separation without him. Uday felt ashamed of himself as he has been unable to provide the comfort and love he always promised her. Today in his eyes, he found himself a liar, a loser who couldn't take care of the most precious gift God has bestowed him with. Vashma has always been a pillar for him, always fought for him with the entire world but what did he do? Right now Uday was terming himself as trash and useless. Vashma's only pride, her perfection has now became her weakness, a matter of shame and just a means of survival for her. Though he still can't deny that she was looking the most beautiful and elegant girl. He grew envious and enraged on seeing men having an eye on his Vashma. He was clenching his fists again and again trying his best to not create a scene. He cursed them under his breathe but in a fit of keeping calm he lost all of it when Uday saw that she kept on dancing and people, men to be more precise, were throwing money on her. Even Veer was about to do the same when Amrit held his hand and looked at him. She moved her head in a no because it surely isn't the right thing to do. Just the very next moment, Uday came in front of everyone and held Vashma's hand with force and stopped her.