Interstice

"Joy, remember when we tried dating? That's a nasty idea." Wendy said laughing. Joy threw her an olive.

"Really? What the hell? I thought you two were bestfriends?" Momo said surprised before taking a bite in her pizza.

"We still are. We just went into that phase because Wendy finds me so hot." Joy smirked.

"It's weird and funny when I think about that." Seulgi said.

"I learned that when you two already broke up. You are all sneaky bitch." Irene said while eating her ttaekbokki.

"Must be the hormones." Nayeon mumbled.

"Or curiosity." Yeri continued.

"Anyway, happy- what, wait, how do we say this?" Yeri asked. No one replied.

"Sad first death anniversary, Bambam." Yeri said before bowing to Bambam's tomb. Her friends copied her.

They have decided to have picnic at Bambam's tomb to celebrate his heroic act. He died meaningfully. Each time that any of his friends will visit, there are always new fresh carnation or bellflower, on which they assumed to be from Jennie. They haven't talked with her since that night. They lady vanished like a smoke in thin air.

They weren't longer mad.

That night, Ms. Minzy who claimed to be Jennie's scientist, came to fetch Jennie. Minzy told them what had happened when Jennie was still a kid. And they couldn't get mad for someone who wants to seek justice. It was wrong, it is, nothing can make it right now, but they also knew where she is coming from.

They were all victim of hatred.

"I really wonder if how she's doing right now." Nayeon said.

"I hope she's not blaming herself. She wasn't the one who pull the trigger." Momo said sincerely.

"I can't relive that moment once again in my head." Seulgi shut her eyes.

"But hey bammie, we are so proud of you." Wendy said caressing the engrave name of Bambam at the tomb.

"We won't make it if you weren't there. You are a hero." Irene said.

It also means, one year since Lisa had left. Irene's apartment was never the same anymore. It became lonely. That's why she often ask her friends to comeover and have sleepovers.

She lazily threw her bag at the couch. She stretched her arms before completely laying her body like a starfish in the seashore. A heavy sigh escaped her lips.

"I miss you." She mumbled as she stared at the ceiling.

She grabbed her bag and pulled out her phone. It was used to be Lisa's phone. The first time she had it, she was overwhelmed. The gallery was full of her pictures. Lisa had cherished each moments with her. The first month that Lisa was gone wasn't easy. There's no night that she would fail to cry. She always wet her pillow by her tears.

Right now, the pain was the same, the longing was much worse but the hope was more bigger. Their planet has been safe. It only meant Lisa, Chae and Jisoo were successful. Or do they have arrived at their planet at all? How long it would take to be there? Is Lisa in her way back? Irene asked herself.

Irene shook her head. It's not the best time to overthink. She was doing great at keeping a positive outlook in her life.

She stared at the screen. It was Lisa and her photo at France. The smiles
on their lips were so bright.

"Come back soon, can you?" Irene asked in whisper. She hugged her phone, as if it was Lisa.

The human had fell asleep.