[19]

SYDNEY'S POV

I was packing my things up when someone knocked on my door. It was Kyle. Yes, my dear cousin who insulted Zylan, my girlfriend, in front of me and my parents.

"Hey...Um...are you okay?"

I didn't answer. What did he expect? After what he did, I don't want to talk to him. Well, not forever but I didn't forget how he insulted Z like I wasn't there.

"Can we talk?"

"You can but I don't want to." I put the last book in the shelf and walked passed by him.

He sighed. "Sorry, I know what I did was wrong. I shouldn't bring the issues between me and Zylan. I just lost my control the weeks ago."

To be honest, I really wanted to slap him. Like seriously? It's really insulting, not only in my part and Z, but also to my kid.

"I know you're mad abou-"

"And insulted. You called her names that even I didn't use not even once." I cut off. "I never thought you'll bring those issues in front of Mom and Dad."

"Look, I'll make it up to you okay? I'll talk to Z about it."

"You should apologize. You were the one who started it. She just got back at you." I said.

I went downstairs and saw my parents talking happily to each other. They smiled atme. I excused myself and left quickly because if they notice that Kyle is trying to talk to me, I'll get questions.

****

"Hi dear!" Zylan's mom greeted me when I walked in the backyard. She's sitting on one of the chairs. She gestured me to come to her.

Every afternoon, Zylan's mom will have a leasure time for herself. I didn't get a chance to join her because of my busy schedule.

"You don't have works to do?" She asked. I simply shook my head.

The maids brought us some snacks and tea. As far as I know, Zylan's mom always likes to spend the afternoons with tea and biscuits.

I sat down and looked at the view. The backyard is wide and spacious. It's also full of flowers. It looks like garden. The flowers are blooming. It's really relaxing to spend the free time here.

"So, dear, how's your study?" I looked at back at the old lady. Though, it doesn't look like her real age which is in late thirties. She looks so young.

"It's good. I can managed to keep up with my studies and my work in Student Council." I answered. I took a biscuit from the plate and ate it.

"That's good. I'm surprised you can balance your schedule. How about your family?"

Family. It sounds so good as the label of my relationship with the two most important person in my life.

"It's great. Lynx starts learning to call me 'mom'." Though, it's not really clear whenever she does but for me, she's doing great.

She smiled. "I'm happy for you. I told Zylan to give your daughter some time. If you only knew how many times Z praticed Lynx to call you 'mom'. She's so persistent and can't wait for the time."

I didn't answer. Really? Zylan has been doing that? I didn't know. Or maybe I didn't notice. Oh well.

We began talking about things. She told me the things that happened in two years I wasn't around. And I admit, there are many things that I missed.

I missed my kid's first smile, first step, first laugh, first tantrum, first word. Everything about her that I will never get back.

It makes me feel sick about myself. How could I left and lived in two years without thinking about them?