Chapter 12- Dear Diary

Start from the beginning

I sighed and made my way through the crowd who were going towards the dance floor. A hand clasped my wrist stopping me in my tracks.

Not him.

Not him.

Please not him.

"Where are you going, honey?", a familiar feminine voice made me sigh in relief. It was just Mrs Shekhawat.

You might be feeling that I was being overdramatic on this stalker stuff but let me tell you I've read plenty of books and it has been proven that people like these lose their ability to recognize what's right and what's not. They tend to do things mindlessly in their obsession with attaining that particular thing. And in no world, I'm gonna let him do anything which affects my Maa. She is everything to me.

"What happened honey, where are you lost?", Mrs Shekhawat asked me, her eyes held worry. For me?

"No nothing ma'am. It's been a long day and I don't feel well."

"Oh no please honey, you can't leave the ball now. Just a dance please."

"Ma'am.", she wanted to go but the look in her eyes made me gulp back the word 'No', and she ended up dragging me back to the hall.

I spotted Mr Khanna and Miss Mali dancing together. While Miss Mali looked like a beaming ball of sunshine, Mr Khanna's eyes held the same boredom that I hold in my eyes when reading a makeup tutorial.
Specific much.
I know.

Anyways I tilted my gaze to see Mrs Shekhawat who was clasping the wrist of a young man this time.

'What's with this lady and clasping of hands.'

I ignored my conscience's comment.

'Ignoring your own self now are we?'

I again ignored her and looked at the young man. I couldn't clearly see his face because Mrs Shekhawat was coming into the view.

She stopped in front of me and that's when I saw his face clearly. An instant familiarity clicked in me. He was the same man I saw in the coffee shop yesterday. The one who had chestnut brown eyes with brown hair who held amusement in his eyes when I was checki- no-no observing him.

"Honey, meet Ivan Wilson, the CFO of  Wilson & Co.", she said with what looked like excitement. But why was she so excited?

"Ivan this is Avni Joshi. You guys didn't have a date so I thought why don't you dance together."

Oh, that explains it.

"Uh Mrs Shekhawat.", I hesitated.

"Such a small world, ain't it. Miss?", Mr Wilson's voice stopped me. A slight smirk adorned his face.

"You guys know each other, that's lovely.", Mrs Shekhawat gushed with happiness.

"Umm", once again I was interrupted by Mr Wilson.

"May I have this dance?", he asked while taking out his hand for me to hold.
The look his eyes held was of hope, I didn't want to reject him but at the same time, I couldn't accept it.

Mrs Shekhawat didn't wait for my answer and once again she clasped my hand and kept it in Mr Wilson's hand.

'This woman and her unnatural obsession for clasping hands.'

I sighed, there was no way going back.

He gently held my hand and ushered me towards the dance floor. His right hand rested on my waist and the other held my left hand. My other hand rested on his shoulder.