For the moment, her first LP - recorded with Glen at the Wessex's and that was due to be issued under the Leapers' name - was finally launched at the beginning of december, shortly before the Clash came out with their third studio album, a double they'd named London Calling. The omonym song opened the LP, alluding to a dystopic premonition of what was to come, for the gates of 80s were now just one foot ahead... and that creepy sensation was felt all around. 

However, in spite of a general thrill for her first achievement as "professional musician", Eleanor'd not let that sparkle overwhelm her: she perfectly knew what was her next move and where - who the money she'd just earnt was due to be sent to

"Where're you going with that check in your bag?" Mick chuckled, casting her a confused glance.
"Not your business" she sighed, seemingly annoyed.
"Please don't be like those rockstars that spend everything they earn..." Topper laughed.
"You should shut up, we all know where your money goes, Nick" Paul huffed, shaking his head before stepping to Eleanor in wary steps "I guess... this is for..." 
She turnt around to look at him straight in the face, her eyes revealing a hint of frustration
"Yes. The four mancunian bastards" 
"Cheers... now, this indeed is a waste of money" Mick scoffed.
"What else can I do, Mick? They sued me, and Glen too..." she protested in sorrow. 
"Yeah yeah I know, just... don't go alone, though. Where's Mat?"
"He greeted me a while ago, we met just to get this fucking piece of paper done" she replied impatiently, shaking the check in her hand.
"I don't even want to know how much money that is..." Joe laughed.
"Too much" Eleanor grunted.
"They don't even need that money, please... even considering that now they're even about to split up" Paul rolled his eyes, moving the toothpick in his mouth.
That statement took the girl aback.
"Are they?" she gasped, rising her eyebrows.
"Are you even sad about it? It was about time, they clearly had no more will to play, even in the USA they felt entirely emotionless... and in addiction, as far as I've read, they've been touring with this new band, Joy Division and apparently, the noobies overshadowed the main band..." Joe snickered, elbowing Mick.
"Yeah and considering they're now filled in drugs from their tiptoes up to their head" Paul added.
"Guess it's Steve and Pete you're talking about, Paul" Eleanor nodded.
"Nah, all of them actually" 
"Oh, I see Sir Maher took it easier after I left, eh" the girl growled, holding her first tight.
"After you left? When they weren't selfish pricks yet, I recall snorting with the lot of them, yeah even with your toy-boy..." 
"EX toy-boy, Mick, let's be clear..." Paul laughed.
"At that age... he must've snorted sugar, come on now, Mick!" Topper commented.
"I swear!" the guitarist replicated.
"Stop it you all! Ah, he's more hypocrit than I already believed..." Eleanor grunted, shutting her jaw in fury, not being able to stand the fact she'd been scolded by her ex for doing something he must had likely done way more times than her.
"Anyhow, the thing is: they suck" Joe huffed, lighting a cigarette in nonchalance, before turning around to look at Eleanor "But I have one question... are you intended to go to Manchester? Meet them again?" 
Before she could reply, a sound of footsteps arised in the room of the CBS studios, where the lot of them were to fix a small issue regarding the back of the prints of London Calling; in fact, at the very last, Mick'd added one last song to the album which hadn't been initially added on the back of the cover, among the other titles: Train in Vain.
"Indeed she is, or better, we are" Henry suddenly replied, walking up to Eleanor and wrapping his arm around her shoulders.
The four boys frowned.
"Yeah, well, it's not just for the matter with the Buzzcocks... there's one more Mancunian lad I'd like to introduce to Eleanor" the auburn-haired man chuckled.
"Why do you come up with this only now?" the girl flinched, looking at him with a petrified face.
"There'd be no thrill otherwise!" he replicated, patting her head.
"Hope he's not a jackass like those other four" Joe sighed, dropping the ashes into the ashtray in front of him. 
"Oh, not at all! Do you think I'd waste her talent for some spoilt dumbfuck?" Henry heated up.
"Relax, it was just to say... anyway, make sure to punch Steve and John in the bake once you see them, tell them it's from the dear Joe..." 
"Oh, be sure I won't even touch them with one single finger" the girl grimaced, looking away.
"Yeah, in fact... but don't worry, I've had to do with boybands like theirs before, they act all tough until they have to face some old motherfucker like myself" Henry laughed, making his first steps out of the room, carrying Eleanor with him and leaving the four Clash with numb expressions on their faces.