Chapter 1.

Present day, La Push, Washington

Elinor ran; Ran at full speed through the dark, murky woods somewhere in Washington. Her long, shinning, dark brown hair billowing behind her due to the combination of the wind and her immense speed. She rejoiced in the feeling of the wind in her hair, it made her feel free. But I will never be free, she thought sadly, thinking of her crazed sire that would surely track her down if she slowed down for even a second! She had lost all sense of him around 70 miles back yet she continued to further distance herself away from him.

When she entered a clearing in the forest in which some elk were gazing, she thought it best to eat before entering civilization. She was only just becoming hungry after two months of not hunting. That was one of the many strange things about the brunette; she only needed to feed every three to four months and even then, not enough to drain one of God's creatures dry. Elinor was to compassionate to kill. She had no worries of her venom entering her prey's blood system due to another unnatural trait she possessed. She could turn her venom flow on and off.  It always stayed off.

Once she had taken her filling of the elk, without a mark on her outfit, she began to advance and scout out a town in which was suitable to settle in. She took a few steps into the forest when it hit her: the stench of dog. Elinor slowly turned around slowly and came face to face with a large, russet coloured wolf.

She looked deep into its dark brown, human looking eyes as she realized the species. Werewolf. This fact didn't frighten her in the slightest. She adored shifters. She found them interesting. One of her best friends, Ryan, had been a shifter. She lived with him and his imprint, Annie, whilst living in Cleveland, Ohio for a year before her past came back to haunt her.

Staring into the creatures eyes, a large smile graced her delicate face.

"Hello there," she said politely, her smile never faltering even as the wolf growled in response. "I hate to be a bother but could you change back to your human form so we can talk please."

The wolf looked curiously at the girl standing in front of him. Never had he known of a leech to be so polite to one of his kind. He hesitated, thinking of the risk he was taking by remotely trusting this vampire, then stepped back within the bushes and shifted, swiftly putting on his clothing afterwards. He took a deep breath as he steadied himself to emerge and inquire on how he could help one of his natural born enemies.

---*

Comment Please!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while!