Viridisnidus

One feather you see that falls in front of you isn't just a feather. Who knows? Maybe it would be like Viridus. Viridus is a green eerie feather. It travels around the world and has many friends and enemies. But only two humans know about Viridus. A boy about 12 years old named Insid and his friend, Pulchellus. Let me tell you the story..

Insid was walking to school. As usual. He greeted his neighbors. As usual. He passed by a supermarket. As usual. A feather fell lightly in front of him. As usual. Wait. What? Oh.. That's right. But not as usual. The feather was green and it was eerie. You'd probably know know that it was Viridus. The way it had fallen was weird. Instead of going side to side, left to right while falling, it.. Seemed to float. It landed somehow like a helicopter.

Without hesitation, the boy picked the thing up and looked at it closely. He noticed a yellowish scratch on the quill of the feather and small amounts of black ink on the upper part of the vane. Insid liked it. He immediately put it in his back pocket after shortly examining it. He continued to walked to school and in a few minutes, he was there.

Insid was known to be secret-y and quiet. That's why people call him 'The Inside Boy'. He only had one friend in school. A girl. Her name is Pulchellus. Insid sometimes just calls her Pulchy. Pulchellus is Latin for pretty. She's one of the prettiest girl in school. Pulchy became friends with Insid because one day, she felt pity for the guy. Sometimes he would get bullied. Opposite, huh?

She tried talking to him once, before they became friends and it turned out that she liked him. Not the kind of crushes and stuff. But as a friend. Many months passed and they both grew closer to each other.

Now.. Enough of those chit chat stuff. Let's get back to the story.

Insid went in his classroom and found Pulchy sitting down trying to ignore some guy talking to her. Insid approached Pulchy and asked the guy to go away poilitly. He went away. Insid showed her the feather he'd found and she loved it. She wanted to name it. He agreed.

There was just a small fight which eventually was solved. Pulchy wanted to name it "Viridis" which means green in Latin while Insid wanted to name it "Nidus" which means eerie also in Latin. So they just combined those two which became Viridisnidus. It was too long, so they made it Viridus. Fair and square. Right?

I know.. It might be a little weird to name a feather. Isn't it? But Insid and Pulchy can be weird to each other. Cuz they're best friends. Anyway, after classes, as usual, Pulchy came over to Insid's house. They did their homework together and after that, ate chocolate chip cookies with milk.

They still had 1 hour and 30 minutes left till Pulchy had to go. So they left the house and went to the playground. They brought Viridus with them. Insid was holding Viridus and placed him on the seat of one swing. He left Viridus there so he could play without holding anything. Insid and Pulchy played and was happy. They both completely forgot about Viridus.

30 minutes passed and Insid passed by the swing where he left Viridus. He felt something missing. Viridus was gone.

TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED, READ THE NEXT BOOK, ONE FEATHER 2.