8

Bang! Bang! Bang!  BangBangBangBangBangBang!!!

"GET DOWN!" All four agents immediately dropped to the floor.

"Get behind the counter!" They crawled behind the counter for a bit of a shield, but not much.

"I thought we got all the guards!" hollered Eggsy  over the noise. 

"Clearly not!" Harry shouted back. 

Poppy sure had one hell of a security team. Jules withdrew a small cannister from her utility belt.  "Cover me!" With that, she tossed the cannister over the counter, following it moments later by leaping over herself right into the open line of fine.

A thick and heavy fog poured from the device she had thrown, making it very difficult to see. She used this to her advantage - soon the diner floor was covered in disarmed and knocked down guards.  "Everyone good?" she called. 

The three rose up from behind the counter, fanning away the excess fog. 

Jack stared at her. "That was badass."

She smirked. "Hell yeah it was." They stared at each other for a long moment, holding gazes.  "Hold that thought, Cowboy. First let's get this antidote to those who need it-" Her fingers whipped across the keyboard as they typed in the three saving words.

Viva las vegan...

And there, it was done. "There it is, done."

"Yeah, done." Eggsy looked around at them. He and Harry stared at Jack, who stared back. A tense, uncomfortable silence hung in the air between them, as thick and as heavy as the fog had been just a few minutes ago.

Jules stepped in again.  "Could we have a moment? There should be some help arriving - you can go flag it down."

"Sure." Eggsy led Harry out of the diner. 

Alone now, the couple sat down in one of the many booths with the shiny red seats, sitting across from each other. 

"I'm sorry," he said after a long silence. 

"You don't have to apologize to me. But you might want to apologize to Eggsy and Harry for almost killing them."

"No, no I do need to apologize to you. For all the things I did when I thought you were dead, to try and numb the pain. I know Ginger told you."

"You do?"

"It was pretty obvious, yeah." He scoffed. "You must think so little of me."

"Never." She reached across the table and took his hand, giving it a squeeze.  "You are very different. I wanted to make sure it was you, really you. But that was silly because I knew it was. It had been so long, of course you were different. And grief changes people. But I still love you Jack."

"Oh Darlin', I love you. So much-"

"Well that was pretty fucking crazy..." A man in a bright, colorful costume and giant glasses entered the diner then, breaking apart their conversation. 

Jules's jaw dropped. "Holy shit! Elton John?!"

He flashed a grin. "You bet, Darling!"

"Oh!" She reached her arms out.  "Can I have a hug?"

"Sure you can, Love!" 

She embraced the rock star.  "Oh, can I get a photo? My son will love this!"

"Uh, excuse me, but I think our lift is here," said Eggsy, peeking his head back into the diner. 

"Great - hey Elton, you need a lift?"

Indeed, outside a helicopter was landing in the centre of Poppy's base, armed women in military-like uniforms emerging. 

"What's this?" asked Jack.

"I called in a favour from my end of things," she replied.

One of the women came forward. "Agent Valkyrie."

Jules nodded in greeting. "Hello Agent Sigyn. Let's get off this base - it's really creeping me out."

"Wait," said Sigyn. "Is that Elton John?"

Jules grinned. "Hell yeah it is."

-----------------------------------------

Back in the States, they met at Statesmen HQ with Champ to celebrate their victory.

"In honour of this historic occasion, we have purchased a distillery in Scotland.  This shows the world that Kingsman is now joining the liquor business. Before we were cousins, now we're brothers, working side by side. 

"And sisters," added Jules. 

"And sisters. All our resources are now yours. You can rebuild."

"Thank you, Sir," Eggsy thanked him. 

Champ turned to Tequila sitting beside him, all healthy now thanks to the antidote. "Agent Tequila, this is a formal occasion, where's your tie and jacket?"

"Sorry Sir."

"Maybe the Kingsman boys can dress you properly." Champ raised his glass. "To our union."

"To our union!"

"Final order of business: we would be honoured if one of you would be our new Agent Whiskey, as our current one has decided to step down."

"Really?"

"Yeah, this two Galahad thing is just fucking confusing," said Tequila. 

"I'll drink to that." Jules took a sip of her own drink. 

"Champ, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring," announced Ginger when no one spoke up.

Jules nudged Jack who cleared his throat.  "Uh, Champ, Sir, I would like to agree and say that it would be an honour to see Ginger take my place." He turned to her.  "Ginger, I understand that things have been tense between us in the past. After losing my family, I was broken, lost, and I took that out on you all here. But it was never anything against you personally, and I'm sorry if it seemed that way."

She smiled and nodded.  "Thank you, Jack." 

"All right, Statesman, the vote-" Everyone raised their glasses. "Looks like she's in. Have a seat, Agent Whiskey," Champ told her. 

In his true Kingsman gentleman fashion, Eggsy pulled out her chair for her as she took her seat at the table.

"To Agent Whiskey!"

"To Agent Whiskey!" everyone chorused. 

"You know," Jack said, leaning in to whisper in Jules's ear. "We haven't had a single moment to ourselves since we found each other..."

"Good point." She smirked and took his hand. "Let's go, Cowboy."

---------------------------------------

"Just as good as you remember?" he asked her afterwards as they lay together in each others arms. 

"Oh yeah - even better."

"Yeah, I agree, Darlin'. I agree. Our family's back together again." 

She rolled over so that she faced him.  "On that note - how would you like to meet our son?"

(Absolutely love the Elton cameo in this movie! ;) And the fact that Taron went on to play Elton in Rocketman!

And yes, Jack doesn't die in this version - yay, happy ending! 

Thank you  for reading and I hope you enjoyed ! :))