"No, I wasn't lying about being a bounty hunter. But I did withhold information about me being a force-user," I say, shrugging my shoulders while casually perking my brows. 

Loud crashing and shouting echoes from behind the inner wall, making me glance back at the still-closed doors for a few moments. I'm not necessarily worried about Ahsoka, but it never hurt to wonder if she's doing okay in there. 

"Who do you think is gonna win?" the guy asks, snatching me away from my worried thoughts. Din and I look back over to him, but neither of us cares to indulge in answering his question. He starts to creep towards us, making me a little uneasy as the space between our positions slowly disappears. "Could be your side. Could be my side."

"Yeah, no shit," I mutter, rolling my eyes. 

"You know, I have no quarrel with either of you. Not the Mandalorians, nor the Jedi," he says in an attempt to save his own skin. I hold back the urge to tell him that I'm not a Jedi, knowing that the topic would just stir up more unnecessary conversation, which we didn't really need right now. 

"What's your name?" I ask, quirking my head to the side. 

"Lang," he answers, giving up his name with ease. 

"Well, Lang, you seem to have quite the quarrel with that Jedi," I counter, nodding my head towards the large sanctuary that Ahsoka and the Magistrate are currently fighting in. He grimaces, narrowing his eyes as he lets a quiet sigh slip past his thin lips. 

"That's far enough," Din calls out, nodding his head once towards the ex-military gunslinger. He immediately stops creeping towards us, letting his eyes flick down to where Din is twiddling his fingers dangerously close to his blaster. He swallows nervously, yet he still manages to keep up his confident facade as he squares his shoulders out. 

"You know, you and I are alike, Mandalorian," he tries, flicking his eyes back over to Din's blank visor. I narrow my eyes at him even more, wondering where in the fuck he sees the connection between them because I for sure don't see it. "Willing to lay our lives down for the right cause."

"The right cause? Are you shitting me right now?" I scoff out, shaking my head as I decide to interrupt their little conversation that he had tried to push me out of. "Last time I checked, the Empire wasn't the right cause to be supporting."

He opens his mouth to snap something back at me, but a loud clatter of metal against the hard floor echoes throughout the area. I slowly back down from the conversation, knowing that we had already won. I calm myself down, finding no interest in continuing the argument that had started to rile me up. 

"Well, it looks like your side won," he says before holding his blaster out with both of his hands in a surrendering manner. He keeps his eyes locked on our figures as he slowly starts to kneel down to the ground. He sets his blaster rifle on the ground, finally tearing his gaze away from ours before popping up while drawing his other blaster. 

Of course, Din happens to have a faster draw than Lang, but the ex-military gunslinger still manages to pull the trigger of his blaster before getting hit square in the chest. I jump in front of Din and raise my lightsaber, letting the speeding blaster bolt bounce off the burning purple rod as I watch Lang hit the ground within seconds. 

Yes, I'm well aware that beskar can hold up perfectly fine under heavy blaster fire, but that doesn't mean I want to see a single smudge on my husband's armor. Especially if it would have been caused by some Imperial asshole that actually thought he stood a chance. 

Din holsters his blaster before resting one of his hands on my hip, squeezing gently. I sigh and turn my lightsaber off before turning to face him.