Passing by the fox, Iris glances at her before focusing on the trail ahead. "If I remember correctly, you guys told me guardians can use elemental magic. So if each spirit is unique, what element does (Y/n) use?"

"Her specialty is fire. I've never seen her use any other element," Prompto answered.

"Wait, spirits can wield more than one?"

The blonde nodded. "Yeah. (Y/n) said there are spirits out their who can use all elements, but it's difficult to master each one. That's why guardians usually stick to one." Just then, his attention was drawn to the tree line when he heard a twig snap. He tightened his grip on the reins of his chocobo, urging it to go faster. "Uh, guys...?"

"Yeah?" Noctis asked.

"I-I think there's-Ah!" Prompto screamed as something emerged from the tree line and landed beside him. When seeing it was his guardian, he pouted childishly. "Hey, that's not funny, (Y/n)!" He thought he saw a smirk on the spirit's face, but he wasn't sure as she took off up the trail before he could check.

At the end of the trail, they had located the entrance to Malmalam Thicket. The chocobos refused to enter, forcing the group to proceed on foot. Leaving the large birds behind, they stroll into Malmalam Thicket. (Y/n) reverted back into her human form with a huff. "I meant to ask, but why are we here?"

"Alleged reports of a royal glaive being unearthed in Malmalam Thicket were being circulated throughout Lestallum," Ignis answered.

"Let's just hope there isn't a giant-ass bird that we'll have to fight," Gladio added.

"A what?" Iris gasped.

While the shield explained what happened to them at the Rock of Ravatogh, they carefully proceeded forward. The vegetation of the thicket was dense. They watched their step to avoid tripping over the large roots of the trees. In the distance, they could see movement but weren't able to tell what creature was waiting for them.

Further into Malmalam Thicket, they saw the creature wandering around was a mandrake. Iris remained on the sidelines, providing support for the others. I didn't take them long to kill the mandrake, but they soon found themselves in a tougher battle with a soldier wasp further down the trail.

After disposing of the creature, Prompto began looking around the area with an excited gleam in his cerulean eyes. He peered behind trees and into bushes for any valuables. When he didn't find anything, he wandered over to Noctis. Knowing his best friend was an expert at finding things, he asked, "Find anything rare or exotic yet?"

Noctis grinned in amusement at the blonde's eagerness. "Slow down. We just got here."

"Y'know, if treasures were easy to find, they wouldn't be rare," Gladio commented.

"We'll see about that," Prompto retorted, returning to his search for treasure.

"Try not to venture too far, Prom," (Y/n) warned. "Wouldn't want you getting lost."

"Will do!" He scampered off a little ways and searches the area.

"You sound like his mom," the shield commented, glancing towards the (h/c)-haired girl. "Pretty sure that's Iggy's job."

"I am willing to pass the title to another," Ignis chimed in.

"I'm more of the babysitter than the mom. You can keep the title of "mom", Ignis," (Y/n) said.

"A shame..." The advisor sighed.

Deeper into Malmalam Thicket, they face off against a rather large shieldshear. Iris used a potion on Noctis when the large crustacean knocked him back. The prince shouted out to Ignis, who used sage fire to fry the enemy. A large explosion of flames erupted exactly where the shieldshear stood. The bright, hot flames consumed the enemy and killed it.