• Chapter 7 •

Start from the beginning

"Hey, kiddo. Looking for an outfit for the auction?" Thea asked and Rory nodded. "Its supposed to be really fancy, so I want to look good. Y'know, live up to the Queen name."

"Aw, kid. . . Why don't you let me help?" Thea offered and Rory smiled at her. "That would be great." She replied and Thea went to her closet where her dresses were hanging.

"Why don't you wear this?" Thea held up an option that Rory had earlier dismissed, but seeing that it was Thea's choice, Rory smiled and nodded. "Perfect. Thanks, Aunt Thea."

"No problem, kiddo. So, listen, I told mom earlier that we weren't coming, so she and Walter already left, so I guess we're gonna go surprise them." Thea explained. "Okay." Rory said, wondering why Thea said that she wasn't coming either, but shrugging it off because it wasn't that important to ask.

"I'm going to go get dressed, you do the same. Then I'll meet you downstairs and we'll go." Thea said and her niece nodded before Thea left the room.

~~~

It wasn't much later in the night when Thea and Rory arrived at the auction-party. And it only took them a minute to find Walter and Moira, who were talking. Walter glanced up and noticed them, but Moira didn't because she was facing the other way.

"But regardless of the outcome of the auction, I'm already a winner because I have the three most beautiful women at my side tonight." Walter was saying. "Three?" Moira questioned and Walter motioned for her to turn around, which she did.

Thea and Rory walked up to them and Moira smiled softly. "Thanks for coming, girls." Walter kissed each of them on the cheek. "It means a lot to Moira. And me."

Moira pulled Thea in for a hug, smiling happily that her daughter decided to come. That's when a woman came up to them. "Mr. Steele, the auction will be opening in five minutes. Please make sure your bid is ready." The woman told Walter. "Thank you, Gina." Walter responded and she walked away.

Then, Walter had business to attend to for a few minutes, so he walked away to talk to some other men, while Thea, Moira, and Rory were left to talk amongst themselves.

After a minute, Oliver rushed over to them, motioning to Mr. Diggle to come over too. "Oliver, what a wonderful surprise." Moira spoke.

"I need you to get them out of here right now." Oliver told Mr. Diggle.

That's when Quentin, who was across the room a little ways, noticed that his granddaughter was there. He was there along with a SWAT team surrounding the building to keep the place secure from the threats, but seeing his granddaughter there made his heart race.

He was about to go over and demand that she leave for her own safety, when he noticed a red laser pointed at Walter, changing his focus. He wasn't going to let an innocent man die, especially since the man was his granddaughter's other grandfather, so he tackled Walter to the floor just as a bullet flew, barely missing them and hitting a server instead.

As soon as the bullet was heard, basically everyone ducked and started moving, trying to not be shot at as bullets kept on being shot into the room.

"Are you okay?" Oliver held Rory in his arms protectively as he asked her the question, which she nodded to. Then he looked at Thea, who also nodded, answering the same question.