Chapter 05; Under Control

Start from the beginning

Damon's silver wedding band is around is finger. He watches her for a while. "I have a council meeting."

"So do I, Damon," Brynn replies with a smile. "I rejoined upon my return to Mystic Falls."

Brynn goes upstairs to shower, bringing her rings with her. She comes back down fully dressed, clothes and rings and shoes and jewelry. She looks spectacular in Damon's eyes. He grabs her hand, twirls her around, and they leave the house.
**************

Damon and Brynn Salvatore go to the Founders' Jall for a council reunion/meeting. The sheriff is here, the Mayor, Carol. Sheriff Forbes is speaking now.

"The coroner's office has officially been ruled Vicki Donovan's death a drug overdose," Liz tells the secret council. "Her family has been notified, the truth will stay on this room and we can put this behind us."

"Thank you, sheriff," Mayor Lockwood says kindly. "And on to a more pressing issue, John Gilbert has asked to say a few words."

Brynn barely remembers John. It's been years since she's seen him. She couldn't make it to Grayson and Miranda Gilbert's funeral because there was a bad warehouse fire that Brynn had to fight and it was her first big fire fight.

"Welcome back, John," Mayor Lockwood says in greeting, "it's good to see you."

John Gilbert walks over to where the Mayor is and he shakes his hand before he addresses the group. "Hello, everyone, it's wonderful to see you; I wish it were under different circumstances. As a founding family member, I find it's my duty to report some very distressing news."

"He's a Gilbert?" Damon whispers to Liz.

"Elena's uncle," Liz replies. "His name is John but I call him Jackass."

"A hospital blood bank in the neighboring county of Amherst has reported several break ins over the past two weeks," John says. "Seven hunters, four campers, and two state employees have been reported missing as well. All of this within a 75-mile radius of Mystic Falls."

Mayor Lockwood cuts in, swiftly cutting John off... "Okay, okay, no need to get alarmed right at this moment."

"Meaning he doesn't want to cancel the Founders' Day Kick-off Party," Liz says to both Damon and Brynn this time.

"You think they all of your problems are over but I'm here to tell you, nothing's been solved."

When Brynn notices husband's discomfort, she grabs his hand soothingly as the Mayor takes over.
************