Wheels in Motion

"We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside us."~ The Joker
Bold- Power/Voice change
Italics- Thoughts/recalling

I'm staring up at the king of the gods in shock as he says,"Percy Jackson this council has found you guilty of treason and has sentenced you to death! You will be hunted by Artemis like the monster you are and you will be killed when she catches you! However we will give you one day to run, then everything is fair game".
Without a word I turn and run from the throne room while everybody is laughing at me. They keep laughing until I jump as high as I can and slam my fists against the ground to create a magnitude eight earthquake and bring the throne room down on top of them while leveling the rest of Olympus. I keep running and smile to myself knowing that I bought myself some major time since they won't come after me now that I've severely damaged their thrones. Now they will be reduced to shells of their former selves for at least a week. When I get out of the elevator I walk up to the security officer and have my sword at his throat,"The key. Now."
He quickly gives me what I want and I pocket it before running out of the Empire State Building and whistle for my ride. Blackjack lands right in front of me and says,"Hey boss!"
I groan,"Blackjack how many times have I told you not to call me boss?"
He ruffles his mane,"A lot. So what can I do for ya?"
I stroke his neck,"I need to get to camp buddy, and then out fast if I do what I've got planned."
He bobs his head,"Sounds fun! But I'm gonna need doughnuts after this, Krispy Creme preferably."
I laugh a little as I get on,"No problem buddy, no problem."
We fly to camp and he waits just outside my cabin while I rummage through my stuff and pick out extra clothes, some ambrosia, money and drachmas, my lion skin cloak, and finally a shard of bone with a weird symbol on it that I've had since forever. When I'm done I walk out of my cabin and since everybody was on Olympus to watch me receive sentence I'm alone. I take the time to raid the camp store and grab a extra dagger from the armory before I walk to the center of camp and concentrate my power and slam my fists on the ground. A magnitude seven originates from me and tears up the earth while severely damaging the cabins and other structures. When I'm done I get up and whistle for Blackjack and jump on while he surveys the damage,"Wow boss I didn't know you had it in you."
I growl,"They had it coming to them. Let's go get some doughnuts for you man."
He takes off at top speed with a,"Yes sir boss!"
When we eventually land for the doughnuts we're in northern Montana and my friend is breathing heavily as I swing down from him and help him lie down in some tall grass. He's asleep before either of us knows it and I leave him there to go grab some Krispy Creme doughnuts for when he wakes up. When he does wake up 12 hours later I'm dozing peacefully before he nudges my arm with his head and asks,"Did ya get them boss?! Did ya?!"
I laugh a little,"I got em man. One box now and one box later okay?"
He nods his head before I open the box and he devours the doughnuts while I munch on one I had bought for myself. When I'm done I wipe my hands on a napkin before throwing it and the box in the trash. I mount up with the other box behind me and Blackjack takes off just as a group of silver clad girls burst out of the woods and stare up at us while cursing and firing off potshots. I look down and say,"Blackjack get us a few feet away from them, I'm gonna jump off and talk."
He murmurs,"You're crazy boss, you know that?" but still descends a few feet away.
I jump off and ask,"What do you all want?"
Thalia steps forward with her bow drawn,"You Percy. We hunt you down and kill you, that was your sentence."
I smirk a little,"Really Grace, I forgot that part. Where's the head woman anyway? She still tired from that stunt I pulled on Olympus?"
One girl shouts,"You're a monster!"
I smile a little,"Since you all see me as a monster, and as I have nothing left to lose, I think it's time I look the part!" and I morph.
Everyone stares as claws sprout from my fingers, my teeth sharpen, and my eyes turn from sea green to blood red. I stretch and look at Thalia as my human voice now sounds rough and haunting,"Hunting me is one thing Grace. Killing me, well that's a entirely different concept. See ya, traitor."
I decide to leave my dear cousin with a parting gift and slash her from shoulder to hip before jumping straight up 20 feet into the air and Blackjack flies underneath me. He flies away while I look back and yell,"Try and find me and I swear I will kill the next group!"
Blackjack accelerates and soon we cross the Canadian border and I warm the water vapor around us to keep both of us from becoming popsicles. After a few more hours we cross into Alaska and I wait until I know where we are to say,"Here. Set me down here Blackjack."
He neighs,"Sure boss." and tiredly lands next to the shack where I stayed with Hazel and Frank when we were going after Thantos.
I usher him inside before closing the door and warming the water vapor and place the second box of doughnuts in front of him. He instantly digs in and I keep thinking he's going to choke but let him eat while I just stare out the window. When my friend is done eating he licks his lips and looks up,"Hey boss why do you seem so depressed?"
I laugh a little,"That obvious huh? It's just everything that's happened is finally setting in, and it sucks."
He snorts while shaking his head,"Hey boss maybe it'll help if you told me what happened to you. I mean you have to tell someone."
I smile,"Thanks. Okay here's what happened...."
****
I had just gotten back to camp from visiting my mom. It had been a peaceful few weeks now that Gaea had been put back to sleep and monsters seemed to become rarer and rarer ever since. I was just over the hill when I saw a young girl fighting off a few cyclops and I crept forward with my sword before vaporizing them when their backs were to me. I took a look at the girl and noticed the grey eyes, another daughter of Athena, and extended a hand,"Name's Percy Jackson. Welcome to Camp Half Blood miss...."
She filled in the blank,"My name is June Tanner. And what the heck did you just kill?!"
I rub the back of my head,"I don't deserve the credit for that kill, I just helped out a bit. Those things are called cyclops and no I'm not kidding. Come on, I'll give you a full tour of camp and introduce you to your siblings."
She follows me as I walk over the hill top and gasps while I chuckle at her reaction and point out the Athena cabin for her to see. When we come down the hill Chiron gallops up to us and gives me a hug before looking at the girl and I say,"Chiron meet June Tanner, daughter of Athena. I found her fighting some cyclops outside camp and helped her out."
He shakes her hand and the ten year old is gaping like a fish out of water, a very cruel thing to do, and shakes his hand before going to watch the orientation video. I walk off and go down to the beach where I know Annabeth will be and catch her looking at the waves. I sneak up behind her and my arms wrap around her waist as I pull her close and ask,"Hey Wise girl. Whatcha thinking about?"
She smiles and leans into me,"Nothing special this time. How's your mom and Paul?"
I turn her around and plant a quick kiss on her lips before answering,"They're doing fine and mom said hi. You got a new sister by the way, found her when I was coming up the hill."
She smiles and hugs me,"Thanks Seaweed brain. I better go meet her. See you at the campfire?"
I nod my head and she gives me a kiss on the cheek before running off and I go to Zeus's fist to work on something. When I'm sure I'm alone I morph and stretch my muscles while being careful to not scratch the trees with my claws. It's been hard to keep this a secret ever since Gaea cursed me to be part monster but I've managed to hide this form from my friends while still managing to train with myself. When I'm ready I use the nearby stream to create some water dummies that actually attack while I crack my knuckles and get in a crouching position with my claws held a little on front of me. When the dummies rush in with watery swords I lunge forward while swiping across one dummies' chest to make him a puddle of water. The others circle me and all at once move forward with incredible speed and I have to somersault over one blade while my fangs chomp into a neck and crush it. Three are left and before they can do anything I jump while spinning in a tight barrel roll to slam my feet into the gut of one dummy and my claws take the head off the other. The last one tries to back up but I bring my claws down in a X fashion to cut him into four pieces, now the area is soaked in water. When I'm done I go back to normal and walk over to the dining hall to eat with Tyson since dad let him visit and we talk about how he's getting control of his powers. When it's time for the campfire we sing and laugh as the Stolls prank a few of the experienced guys, all the time holding hands with my girlfriend. When it's time for bed I walk Annabeth to her cabin and say goodnight before giving her a kiss and go to my cabin to get some sleep. When I wake up I hear a scream and run out to see monsters gathering on the hill around a few kids and race out, since I slept in my clothes, with my sword in hand. When I start slashing and chopping I become the main attraction for the monsters and manage to take half them down before Riptide is yanked out of my hand and the Nemean lion pins me to the ground. I hear Annabeth scream,"Percy!" and I morph without a second thought.
My claws shoot out into the lion's snarling mouth and it howls in pain before dissolving, leaving its pelt behind as a trophy. I get up and Annabeth runs and hugs me, oblivious to the monsters surrounding me, and I shove her away before the Chimera shoots a blast of fire that I take head on. When it clears I'm still clothed and I'm not burnt, fire resistance rocks on these situations! I crouch as it growls and I growl myself to make it stumble back while I hear Annabeth ask,"Percy are you okay?!"
I ignore her and focus on the enemy as my growling becomes louder and I lunge forward and slash
my claws across the beast's muzzle. It snarls and the snake tail shoots towards me with its fangs dripping venom and I quickly dodge as it whizzes past my face and close my fangs around its long neck with all my strength. It screams and struggles until I fully close my jaws and sever the head from the body with one quick tug before opening my mouth and let the head drop to the ground as the Chimera backs up in fear. I snarl before slashing my claws across its chest and dissolve it, leaving behind a set of serpent fangs that I pocket. When I turn to face everybody in my monster form Connor stutters,"P-Percy that is you r-right?"
I shift to normal while everyone stares as my claws receded into my hands and my eyes change back to green. When I'm done I say,"Yeah sorry about that. I didn't exactly want you guys to find out this way but they forced my hand. I'm still me but Gaea sort of cursed me to have a monster form."
The people around me seem to accept the answer my explanation with some hesitance, while others just back up in fear of me. Over the next few weeks I'm still treated like me, but then everything goes downhill.