Chapter Two

"Let's go, Morrigan!"

"Oh my goodness, Jack, I'm coming! Calm down!"

Morrigan grabbed her new dress off her bed and slipped it over her black swimmers. Jupiter was taking his scholar and nephew to the beach today as a way to relax and let off some of the stress of school and work.

When she opened the door, she found Jack standing behind it looking rather impatient. His hands were in the pockets of his green board shorts and he was rocking on his heels.

"Don't do that. That's Jupiter's thing. Get your own thing," she muttered as she walked past him.

Morrigan led the way down to the lobby, Jack following not too far behind her.

"I don't know why girls take so long to get ready. Honestly, it's not that hard."

Morrigan rolled her eyes. "I didn't even take that long! Maybe you just got ready unusually quick."

"Impossible. I showered, got dressed and grabbed our towels—yes, your towel too—all in twenty minutes."

"Whatever. Jupiter probably isn't even ready yet!"

Morrigan sped up and quickly made her way down the stairs that led to the lobby. When she got there she found Jupiter sitting in a couch near the door, sporting bright pink board shorts, paired with an orange t-shirt. He wore sandals and on his head rested a pair of sunglasses. On one shoulder, a blue and grey striped towel rested, and on the other, a cooler bag hung.

Morrigan could hear Jack trying to contain his chuckles behind her. She turned around and fixed him with a glare.

"Shut up, Jack."

"We haven't even started the day, and you two are already arguing. I really don't feel like being an adult today so it would be nice if you could get along with one another."

"Yes, Jupiter," chorused Morrigan and Jack.

"Right. Now, who's ready to go to the beach? By the way, love the dress, Mog," he said, winking at her.

Smiling largely, Morrigan followed the two boys out the front door of the Deucalion. As they walked the short distance to the beach, the three talked about everything and anything. Morrigan tried her hardest not to argue with Jack but she found it almost impossible. And besides, he was picking on her too.

When they arrived at the beach they found a nice quiet space not too far from the shoreline. They laid their towels down on the sand and Jupiter placed the cooler bag down next to his towel and pulled the zipper to open the bag. He grabbed out a bottle of sunscreen and held it out to Morrigan.

"Put it on, Mog."

"Jupiter, I'm not a little girl anymore."

"You wouldn't want to be walking around like a red lobster for the next couple of weeks, would you?"

"No," sighed Morrigan. She took her dress off and accepted the sunscreen. She squeezed some out and rubbed it everywhere that could be effected by the sun.

Once Morrigan finished with her arms, Jack yelled, "Come on! It doesn't take that long! Give me the sunscreen! I want to go for a swim."

"Must you always be so impatient?"

"Must you always take forever?"

When Morrigan finished with the sunscreen she passed it to Jack and watched as he took his shirt off and barely put any on.

"No, Jack," said Jupiter. "Put some more on, please."

Jack looked at his uncle before rolling his eyes and squeezing some more sunscreen onto his exposed skin. Once he was done, he passed the bottle to Jupiter.