Chapter 3: "Arguments"

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes which honestly wasn't really the most fun. "Hey you ready we have to pickup your team mates and head to the rink." my dad as he barged into my room. "Dad we talked about this you have to knock now." I said annoyed. "Right sorry, but hurry up because we need to be out of the house in 20 minutes." My dad said. "Ok lemme get dressed." I said as I started to get out of bed.

My dad walked out of the room and I got changed. I went to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth. I went downstairs and grabbed a protein bar and a water bottle. My dad was already waiting in the car so I grabbed my gear and headed out the door.

We picked up Charlie first cause he was closest to us. Then after we pick up everyone else. The whole car ride was weird considering I ignored Charlie for all of yesterday. I made no contact with him for the whole ride it was just really quiet. "Okay guys we are here." My dad said enthusiastically.

We all grabbed our gear and got out of the car. We still weren't used to how big the rink was, so we all looked kind of dumb every time we walked in. The ducks and I went to the locker room to gear up and the tension between me a Charlie was just weird.

I walked over to banks and poked is shoulder so he would look at me. "Hey um did you talk to Charlie?" I asked nervously. "Uh no not yet why?" Adam asked. "I don't know he's just kind of acting weird. Do you think he's mad at me because I made varsity?" I asked nervously. "Hayden I don't know. I don't "keep up with Hayden Glayde"." He said annoyed. "Geese ok. You don't need to get all upset." I said. "Listen, I'll try to talk to him after practice today but, I cant promise he'll say anything. He hasn't spoken to me at all over the weekend." Adam said patting my shoulder as he walked away.

I stepped out onto the ice, the blades gliding through the ice. I still couldn't believe that this would be my last practice with the ducks. The team I've been apart of since I was 6, my family. Coach Orion made me and Adam leave half way through the practice to get to know the varsity team better. As I was leaving I looked at Charlie with a smile but, all he gave me was a cold shoulder. At this point what was even the purpose of having Adam talk to him if he already hates both me and Adam.

Adam and I walked to the locker room to see a bunch of the varsity boys getting geared up. "Oh hey look, it's our new pair of freshman." one of the guys said. Me and Adam looked at each other worried. "Um well, I'm Hayden Glayde, and this is Adam Banks. I guess we are your new teammates." I said with a slight smile. "Can Banksie here not talk or something?" one of the guys said making fun of Adam for being shy. "I can talk moron, I just don't like to associate with jerks." Adam said in an annoyed tone. Right then the varsity coach came in and went over plays with us. The rest of the time we spent with varsity went ok. Adam got picked on a lot by the older guys.

After we finished going over plays with the varsity team, me and banks headed back to the rink to finish practice with the ducks. "So, did the varsity team meet both your standards?" Charlie said to me and Adam in  rude tone. "Listen Spazway, Its not our fault we got offered varsity. I'm sorry you weren't a good enough hockey player to make the cut, but that doesn't mean you can just bring me and banks down with you. We both deserve to be were we are. Why cant you just be happy for the both of us?" I said in an upset tone. "Wow. Just wow. First it was Coach Bombay but, you? I never thought that the Hayden Glayde would leave the ducks too, but I guess I was wrong." Charlie said while starting to leave.

I looked over at the stands and sure enough Rayna was there. I guess she was trying to catch Charlie before he left so she could talk to him. I threw my stick on the ground. "Well wasn't that a nice last practice?" I said sarcastically. "C'mon banks we have homework to do." I said. My dad drove me and banks back to my house to do our homework and study for tomorrows test, along with some plays.

(1 week later)

I still haven't heard from Charlie this whole week, which obviously means he hates my guts. I wish he would just talk to me. I'm pretty sure Rayna is dating him now because there are a ton of pictures of them together on his insta. I called Adam to see if he wanted to hangout earlier so, he would be here any minute now. Knock .... Knock.....Knock.

I opened the door to see Adam. "Give me a sec ill go get my skates." I said as I ran up the stairs to grab my roller blades. Me and Adam skated to the roller rink. That was the place we always hung out at, even before the whole thing with Charlie and the Ducks. I posted a pic on insta of me and Adam.

hglayde93

Liked by ggermaine00, cmoraeu18 and 350 others

hglayde93 hangin out with this dork @abanks99

View all 20 comments
ggermaine00 wait Im a little confused
laverman04 nah you guys are both just dorks😌
abanks99 i don't know what your talking about, your the dork✨
hglayde93 @abanks99 shut up dork🙃

After I posted the pick of me and Adam we skated for a few more hours than we skated home. I went to bed that night thinking about Charlie and why he was acting so upset over my success. I just wished he would've been more happy for me.