𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

i believe in true love. because,
the world was made in pairs.

~~~~~

(do not play the song until i say you can!)

as my feet stand right in front of dream's, i look up at him. his mask is on, like usual but i can tell he is smiling underneath it.

"nice to see you finally making it here." he says with a stern tone.

a tone i was not expecting, but yet i received. 

"you seem happy to see me." i acknowledged, looking at his arm that he had placed out.

as i looked around the room i could see that everyone was gazing at me and dream. the people were staring at the future queen and her king. no, he might be there king, but he sure isn't mine. my eyes wandered over to the big doors to see that puffy and sapnap walk in, i thought she said she wasn't coming. well, i am happy to see her here. 

"you might want to grab onto to me, the people are waiting." dream whispered into my ear, which caught me off guard. 

"waiting for what?" i ask, looking into his eyes. 

"we are responsible for the first dance of the night, so will you take my hand or what?" he questioned annoyingly as he stuck out his hand.

"i hate you sometimes." i admit as i grab his firm and warm hand.

"you know you love me." he insisted with a grin on his face.

i roll my eyes as he leads us out onto the dance floor, my heels making noise every step i take. we stop in the middle of the floor and i can tell everyone's eyes are on us. (you can play the song now!)  the music changes as dream puts his hands on my waist. my arms lay on his shoulders and my hands reach around the back of his neck interlocking. he starts swaying and my body movement follows his. our eyes meet and we don't look away.

sapnap's point of view

everybody saw how the king looked at her, with such admiration and awe. although they couldn't quite understand why. he was the guy who didn't care about anything, yet she was the girl who cared about everything. she was the girl he discreetly looked out for. the girl he unsuccessfully ignored. everybody could see right through him. well, everybody except her. 

these two made me believe in true love. because the world was made in pairs. sun and moon, land and sea. sunshine and rain, peace and chaos. there's so many things if you look at the world from spectrum of seeing things in pairs. 

and i believe in true love because if everything was made in pairs, then somewhere in this lonely world. there must be a pair for everyone, someone for me. my other half, the missing puzzle piece of my soul. my eyes look towards puffy as she stands right beside me. i have never really known or heard much of this girl, but she is beautiful. the moonlight shines on her through the window, it hits her fawn colored hair perfectly. i could look at her for ages. 

~~~~~

word count: 600 

(i know that this is a super small chapter but i thought i should get one out while i have the time! i love you guys, and hope you all are enjoying the story!)