Ch. 4 Undress

Mulai dari awal

"You want to see how my brain works because you want to stop death?" Kiara felt the words form in her head as she stared at the woman.

"No, of course not," Dr. Verma shook her head. "We do not want to stop death. We need you. To keep balance on Earth."

"Then what do you want?"

"We want to stop violent death."

"What?" Kiara was baffled by the woman spinning the situation.

"There is no need for violent death," Verma said. "Just imagine a world where everyone could die in peace."

"Yes, it's beautiful but that's not how the world works,"

"Says who?" Verma asked. "The gods?"

"Yes!" Kiara tried to sit up. "The cosmos! The universe! Nature!"

"You can not present any argument that justifies a violent death for anyone."

"Criminals," Kiara argued. "Psychopaths."

"Innocent children in war torn countries, young families in car accidents, people caught in the wrong place at the wrong time," Dr. Verma shook her head.

"So you want to get rid of me?" Kiara felt her pulse quicken.

"No, no," Verma let out a long breath. She paused for a few seconds and tried to compose herself. "We want to help you...by eliminating violent death. We want to separate it from you. You can go on living your life."

"You want to...eliminate.....death," Kiara wondered if she had hit her head. "Are you....are you guys okay? Do you realize that is not something you can do or control? You are not gods! Not even the gods can control this!"

"Why can't we try?" Dr. Verma's eyes lit up. "There is no harm in trying. If we succeed you get to go back to your old life and live without this responsibility."

"And if you don't?"

Dr. Verma took in a long deep breath, "There have been countless times when people said science couldn't do something. They thought man could never reach the moon, but look at us now."

"This is beyond the moon!" Kiara yelled in frustration. "This is magic beyond your understanding and control. I don't think you people have any idea where to even start. Do not mess with things you do not understand."

"Maybe that's precisely why we need to study you," a voice suddenly said.

Kiara's head turned towards the door. Her head spun for a few seconds due to the lack of energy in her body before her gaze landed on a tall man with black and silver hair. He had hard lines on his face that seemed to really stand out on his forehead. He stood with his feet shoulder width apart and his arms folded over his chest. For a man who seemed to be in his late forties, he was well built. His arms bulged under his shirt as his eyes narrowed.

"Kiara, this is Commander Bram," Dr. Verma said. "He takes care of all operations on this base."

"We're on a base?" Kiara arched a brow as a slither of hope began to creep into her heart.

"A base Ares won't find," Bram crushed the slice of hope. "No one....not even your father or Zeus himself can find this base."

"Don't be so sure about that," Kiara said. She wasn't going to let them mess with her. "When my family gets here...."

"Kiara," Dr. Verma frowned. "Once again, we mean you no harm."

"No harm as long as you cooperate," Bram added.