Chapter 1(Edited)

Noah turns toward the girl with light pink hair.
"Besides you, there are also some others that're stuck on this floor of the mall?" Noah asks, turning towards the mystery girl.

"When I woke up, the whole place was already swarming with these things," the girl says rubbing her wrists, "A few of us got picked by a couple military-trained guys and we ran to find a safe place"

Noah looks at her with a raised eyebrow,
"Then why haven't you guys escaped yet? The undead scatters after some time without any specific target. It shouldn't be too hard for you guys to form an escape plan."

The girl glared with a smile, "About that. We've a little complication regarding the abilities of our group members"

"Complications?" Wyn asks

"It's pretty hard to form an escape plan when you have yourself a pregnant lady, an old man, and some useless teenagers. The only capable ones are the two military brothers. But of course, they don't want to leave anyone behind, even if they're a burden." Her face turned thoughtful, " There was another group we found wandering around, two siblings and 1 other kid"

Li side-eyes her, "Then why are you still with them?" She asks, "You're wandering around this place like no one's business. You could have just left"

"Let's just say... according to my calculations, I wouldn't be able to make it all the way out just by myself," the girl says sheepishly, Noah and Neo look at her with blank expressions. They then hear a new voice from behind them.

"She means that she tried and failed and now she's scared" the group turns to see another teen around Neo and Mana's age. She had waist-length ash brown hair with bright mint-colored eyes that had patches of yellow in some parts.

'Segmental Heterochromia' Noah thought, intrigued.

"Hah... Straightforward, I like you kid." The pink-haired girl gives her a thumbs-up before continuing her explanation to the other adults. Mana decided to get away from Neo by bounding up to the other female teen.

However, before she could open her mouth to ask, the girl walked away from the group.
Neo snickered when Mana pursed her lips while staring at the back of the ash-haired beauty.

...

The group continued walking towards the hideout of the 2 girls. Noah was looking around in curiosity.
"So this's their hideout... Pretty well hidden. A storage room, perhaps?" He thought as the pink-haired girl knocks on the metal door. After a few knocks, a red-haired woman comes out annoyed, while holding up a finger to tell her to be quiet.

"Sssh, can you knock any louder?" The woman says sarcastically, "We heard you the first time"

The pink-haired girl rubs her neck sheepishly, "Sorry sorry, metallic door's a bit hard to knock, you know. Anyway look what I found" the girl gestures towards the group that she came with.

The red-haired woman rolls her eyes, "Whatever you found, you better hurry up and step inside already." The woman says urgently ushering them in, "There might be zombies around"

Once they were all safely inside, Noah counted the heads of the survivors.
After counting and making sure everyone was there. One of the Military brothers, Theo, started introducing each person in the room until it got to the other group Alix was talking about.

"Elisabeth Roscen, and they're..." Theo trailed off, not knowing how to introduce the two siblings who haven't introduced themselves.

"Astraea Tro'viere " The ash brown-haired teen introduces, holding hands with Elise and a younger boy who the newcomers assumed to be her brother. "This is my brother Dion Tro'viere"