2: No Escape

The moon was barely visible, its faint light managing to make it through the leaves of the trees inside the forest, where the sound of footsteps running over vegetation and snapping twigs disturbed the normally serene atmosphere of the place. A plaintive whimper could be heard from the pup into the alpha's arms. The oldest of the three looked up at him, feeling his heart clench at the obvious discomfort of the little boy, who didn't know what was going on, and had been forcibly awakened to flee his home along with his parents.

The alpha of the couple was the one who carried the young pup in his arms and at his side the omega stumbled, with one hand clinging to Dream's arm and the other lightly supporting his belly, given the difficulty that represented running with the weight of another life within him.

The omega closed his eyes tightly as well as the hand on the arm he was holding, feeling a cramp in his abdomen that forced him to brake almost suddenly and stop to regain his breath in deep erratic inhalations, releasing his partner to put both hands on his abdomen.

"George?" Dream stopped short and turned to see what had made him stop. Concern invaded him when Dream saw him obviously in pain, and knowing that the pain came from where their pup was. He quickly put down to the one he was holding in his arms and approached his mate. "What do you feel? Does it hurt?"

George reached out a hand and rested it against Dream's forearm, leaning on him and inhaling to finish catching his breath. They had been waiting for the moment to come at any moment for at least a week now, but of course, they wished it didn't happen as they were forced to run away.

"The..." but his words were interrupted when they heard a high-pitched screech amid the sound of leaves, branches and forest behind them, immediately recognizing the voice of their son.

They both turned to see him, but they couldn't find him anywhere between the darkness and the trees. Completely terrified, they began to call him and look for where he was, hoping that he couldn't be far away.

"Ranboo!" George called loudly, hearing Dream do the same behind him.

"Mama! Papa!" The boy cried, and his voice seemed to strangely echo. They both ran towards the place where the scream had come from, and suddenly the ground under their feet disappeared. Dream was the first to fall, having a terrible landing, when he reached the bottom almost standing up, he heard the crunch of his right leg as it received the full weight of his body and a hot, excruciating pain spread throughout his limb, making him scream in agony, though not for long, after feeling George's body fall on his, wheezing loudly, pulling the air out of his lungs and making him almost faint.

"Dream!" George gasped, getting off the alpha to kneel next to him, looking at him through the little light that managed to enter the reduced space, where they could barely take a couple of steps while standing. The alpha struggled to inhale some air to avoid slipping into unconsciousness. At first he couldn't identify the sensation that was sticking to his clothes and the skin under them, too focused on driving the darkness away from a blackout, but when he heard George moan again, he managed to identify the moisture on his shirt along with a scent quite oblivious to the situation. Then he knew something was wrong.

Unable to articulate words, panting quickly and shallowly in his position, he turned to the omega, resting his left hand on his pants and confirming that the water was coming from between his legs. The overwhelming smell made clear to him what the liquid was. It smelled sweet like milk, sweet like his pregnant partner but incredibly potent on his sensitive nose.

"Mama!" A shaky, strangled sob came from outside and they both remembered the main reason for their concern. George stood up, one hand still resting over his abdomen and his legs trembling, and he took a few steps as far as he could, unable to avoid tripping over his own feet, leaning against one of the dirt walls. "Mama!"