CHAPTER 20. ''GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES.''

CHAPTER 20.
GOOD TIMES BAD TIMES.

''I know what it means to be alone, I sure do wish I was at home I don't care what the neighbors say I'm gonna love you each and every day.''

Steve planned to politely explain Bucky's situation as soon as they arrived at the Joint Counter Terrorist Centre but while they were driving there they noticed two motorcycles following them and a loud bang noise on the top of the van.

"What?" Maeve looked and sounded just as enthused as Steve was. "...What is that?"

''Stand down! Stand down!'' They heard the officers behind them yell, they stop the car and get out but then the vehicle closes in, blue lights flashing Steve leaps onto the vehicle and splinters the windshield when he realizes they are shooting at them non-stop. The driver of the closest vehicle stops, Steve yanks him from the vehicle and kicks the windshield out, then drives off with Maeve. Sam and Bucky run in different directions to escape from the man in the black panther suit.

Several police cars join the chase. Steve side-swipes another car and drives on.

Up ahead Bucky reaches a fork in the road and faces oncoming traffic. He leaps over a barrier. Steve drives through the barrier.

A motorbike speeds towards Bucky and he grabs the handlebar and spins the bike around in mid-air, throwing the rider off. Bucky gets on the bike and rides away sending cars careering out of the way.

''Bucky we are right behind you!'' Steve tells in over the earpiece.

Steve and Maeve keep on Bucky's steps with Black Panther holding onto the back of the 4x4. They all rocket through an underpass. Sam flies into the underpass and the Black Panther leaps off the front of the 4x4 onto Bucky's motorbike.
Bucky flings him over his head and the bike leans down on its side Bucky kicks him away, straightens up, and rides on.
Black Panther leaps off from Falcon and throws Bucky off the motorbike.
Maeve swerves the 4x4 through the rubble, leaps out, and pulls Black Panther away from Bucky, at that moment the armed police arrive and surround them, guns aimed.

''Stand down, now.'' Demands James Rhodes, Bucky stands beside Maeve and Steve who puts his shield on his back. ''Congratulations, Cap. You're a criminal.''

Police move in and force Bucky to his knees, Maeve fights them and they put her in handcuffs too.
A cop moves Steve's arms behind his back as they put his shield away from him.
Black Panther retracts his claws and pulls off his mask revealing his face.
It's T'Challa, son of King T'Chaka.

They put them all in the back of an SUV except for Bucky, he was transported by himself. T'Challa was sit in front of Steve, and Sam was next to Maeve.

''So, you like cats?'' Said Sam breaking conversation after some time of being on the SUV.

''Sam.'' Said Steve reprimanding Sam's comments.

''What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?''

''The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle passed from warrior to warrior and now because your friend murdered my father. I also, wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you... as both warrior and king, how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?

''He did not kill your father, ''Maeve scolded him. ''But if you only would have talked to us like a normal person instead of fighting us in the minute you saw you would have known.''

''Respectuffly, I don't believe a word any of you say.''