Sample

HE traced his index finger around his eye, wiping away the moisture that had leaked from it. Four hours. He had been staring at the computer screen for four hours. The same word document that he had opened four hours ago still stared at him, the blankness taunting him. The coffee cup from four hours ago rested by his elbow, empty, much like his mind.

Nothing. He had absolutely nothing to write.

He had one month left to write something, anything, for this damn anthology and he had absolutely nothing.

Not one word. Not one thought.

Just nothing.

Where had it all gone?

Arms snaked around his neck and the mouse was wrested from his hands, the word document exited out of, and the screen left on the screensaver. Two smiling faces stared back at him. Himself on the left, full of possibilities and ideas. Adam on the right, smiling like he’d just won a million bucks.

“Oliver,” said Adam, right into his ear, “You can’t keep doing this.”

“I have to keep doing this.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! So this is a short teaser from the book written by an amazing author, Meg Harding which is available on Amazon. So if you liked this first page, go on and get it from Amazon! Link in the external link!