Chapter 1

Amelia eyed herself in the mirror making sure that there was not one wrinkle on her dress and that her hair was perfect. She wanted to make sure everything looked perfect before meeting her parents for dinner. The last time she walked out of her room with a wrinkle on her clothes, her mother reprimanded her and looked at her with disapproval.

To Amelia, whatever her parents say is what she must do, even if she disagreed with it. All she ever wanted is for her parents to be happy, and whenever a frown falls upon her parent's faces she would blame herself. This was due to the fact that when her grandfather, whom she loved very much, died she promised him that she would make sure to obey and make her parents happy.

Ever since her father inherited the business that her grandfather left, he was barely seen home anymore, and often spent nights at the company doing work. Every time her father would come home though, he would make sure to treat his daughter like a princess, however her mother's attitude towards her changed. After finding out that her husband would inherit the company Amelia's mother became obsessed with the view of the public eye towards her family. And because of this, Amelia's mother would always find a fault in her daughter, often reminding her not to tarnish the family name.

"Make sure you wear a dress and not the garbage you call clothes, you do not want others to ridicule you." her mother would often say about her wardrobe.

Her mother cared so much about Amelia's image that when she turned fifteen she made sure that Amelia followed a strict diet to prevent her from becoming overweight. Due to the promise she made with her grandfather, Amelia ended up obeying everything her mother said.

Although she hated the diets and lectures, Amelia has her mother to thank for her good body and fashion. Now at the age of twenty, Amelia has curves that women envy and a face that many would need cosmetic procedures to achieve. Although many saw the beauty in her, Amelia herself did not and often found flaws in her.

"This should be presentable enough" the young women sighs as she looks at herself in the mirror.

As she makes her way out the door she grabs her clutch and her phone and headed out to her car. Due to the traffic, Amelia was almost late to the dinner but eventually made it just in time.

"Amelia, nice to see you can make it on time." her mother says out loud but whispers in her ears as she hugs her daughter, "Next time, make sure you're early."

"I know, and I'm sorry. There was traffic." she replies to her mother in a whisper. Ever since she was young, Amelia has said sorry many times. She cannot bear for others to show irritation or hatred towards her and so since young she has always complied with what others say.

"There's my lovely princess, I missed you. I'm sorry I haven't been home for the whole week." her dad greeted her.

" I missed you too daddy." Amelia replied while embracing her father.

As she came in and greeted her parents, Amelia was oblivious to the fact that they had company with them.

Shawn looked at the woman who just walked in. As much as he hated the purpose of the meeting, he cannot help but notice the beauty of the woman. The way her long, black hair cascaded down her back and her porcelain skin that looked soft to the touch mesmerized him. What surprised him is that not many women these days had this affect on him and because of this, he hated the woman even more.

As Alexander looks away from his phone he notices his brother looking at something and follows his gaze. Just like Shawn, Alexander too is mesmerized by Amelia's beauty. Although he is always surrounded by beautiful women, Alexander knew that Amelia was different from all the girls that he meets at the club. After seeing Amelia, Alexander cannot help but feel jealous of the older brother. It was then that he made it his goal to get closer to Amelia.