Chapter Four: Day Four

That night I dreamt that I got married to a man, a handsome, tall, muscular, man. I was just mortified when I saw that the man was Wyatt, with his dorky, slimy, greased slicked back hair.

If there was ever a time in my life where I thought things absolutely couldn't get any worse, then this was it. However, as most know it to be true, everything gets so much worse if a person thinks or says that.

When we arrived at the stadium I was told that I wasn't really needed until tomorrow. Which, to me, basically meant that I could've slept in today. So I just sat on a bench and then the next worst thing happened to me; a wild Wyatt appeared.

"Hi Ellie!" He smiled, his voice so energetic and full of life; I cringed.

"Hey Wyatt, what are you doing here again so soon?" I asked, trying to seem as pleasant as possible. He smiled, a goofy white grin, before plopping onto the seat next to me.

"The coaches thought it'd be best for some of the players to comeback and continue to help for a while." He explained, sheepishly rubbing the back of his tan neck.

"Of course you were one of the 'chosen' players..." I muttered softly to myself, mentally strangling my cousin and the other coaches.

In all honesty Wyatt wasn't really a bad guy, he just didn't seem like the stereotypical football player. Then again most of the people that have been at this camp, except for a few, have been quite the opposite. It was just that Wyatt was...well...he just was different, in a he-could-be-my-friend type way. Everyone knows before they befriend someone that in the beginning they think that the person is weird; it's like that stage friendship feeling.

"I'm actually really hyped about being here again! I really like this team, the coaches are freaking boss!" He laughed, a fiery glint in his eyes. I studied him for a moment before I shook my head and gave a faint laugh.

"Hyped? Who says that anymore?"

"Well I do, so it's gotta be popular." He smirked, a joking tone ruling his voice. I stared at him like he was crazy before laughing once again. "I know, I know. I'm hilarious. Don't be jelly."

"Oh my gosh! This just keeps getting better and better!" I cried, holding on my aching stomach. Wyatt laughed, much harder than I was, falling off of the bench and onto the turf.

"Ellie you're freaking amazing! "He cheered, trying to stand up. I rolled my eyes and did a little bow.

"Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. Make sure to tip your servers." The sarcasm in my voice might've been a little much but I'm pretty sure at that moment he thought I was playing still.

"Hey Ellie." Another voice added, the person walking into my line of vision. I stopped laughing for a moment to acknowledge them.

"Hi Gates." I smiled, placing my hands on the turf and pushing myself up and back onto the bench. Wyatt bid him a good morning before he began to ramble on and on about how he was so exited to be helping again today.

"Well we need all the help we can get so, please, come help out anytime." Gates laughed, the two of them doing a man hug-thing. I tried not to roll my eyes at them but it was so difficult not to do so. Instead I settled for playing on my phone while everyone left to warm up. It was then something dawned on me, after a couple of days of 'being the ball' I still didn't even know most of the players names. For instance all I knew of Gates was that his last name was Gates, and that was it. So I guess it's time for me to start learning some names, oh joy.