Chapter Seven

The next week, Sam gets up the guts to ask Jess out. She, of course, accepts and they set a date for that weekend.

About an hour before the date, Dean finds Sam in his bedroom surveying his face in the mirror. "Dean, do you think I need to shave?" he asks.

Dean snickers from behind him, leaning his weight against the door jamb and folding his arms over his chest. "What’s there to shave?" he asks.

Sam rolls his eyes and turns to face his brother.

"You nervous?" Dean asks.

Sam nods.

"Don't be," Dean tells him. "You're gonna be fine."

Sam nods again. "What was your and Cas' first date like?" he asks.

"Oh, um," Dean's mind blanks as he realizes technically this will be their first date. Even if it is a fake one. "A lot like this, I guess. You know, I was totally awesome, he was a little bit nervous, but it all worked out."

"Did he shave for you?"

Dean thinks about the few times he's seen Castiel with scruff and smiles. "Nah, I kinda like him with a little bit of peach fuzz," he says.

"Did you guys hold hands?"

"Yep."

"Did you guys kiss?"

Dean quirks a smirk at his younger brother. "Definitely. Cas couldn't keep his hands off of me," he says.

"Ew, Dean! That's gross!" Sam's face is all scrunched and personally wronged, but Dean just chuckles.

"You asked!" Dean counters.

~

When they pick Jess up, Dean doesn't even have to tell Sam to get out and go to the door. Dean and Castiel watch out the window as Sam shifts on his feet, waiting for Jess to answer the door.

"He seems nervous," Castiel points out.

Dean lets out a laugh. "He's terrified!"

Sam walks Jess down the path with their arms linked together and opens the door for her like the perfect gentleman Dean's always taught him to be.

Jess greets Dean and Castiel as she slides into the back seat and Dean shoots her a smile in the rear view mirror. "Okay," he says, "everybody ready?"

"Where are we going?" Jess asks as Dean pulls away from the curb.

"Oh, Sam didn't tell you? I let him pick the place, hope you're okay with Chuck-E-Cheese!" Dean answers enthusiastically.

Sam groans from the back seat, and Castiel shoots Dean an amused smile.

They go to an old bowling alley downtown that's hosting black light lanes all night. The place is lit up with neon and swimming with teenagers enjoying their first weekend of summer break.

As they shoulder their way through the dark, Castiel runs smack dab into the hip of a girl shooting pool with a bunch of guys. When she turns around, Castiel opens his mouth to apologize, but Dean cuts him off when he sees who it is.

"Pamela?"

"Dean Winchester," Pamela says with a smirk. "I haven't seen you in ages."

"You back for the summer?" Dean wonders. He waves Sam along to pay for their lanes, but presses his shoulder against Castiel's in hopes it will make his best friend stay. It does.

"Sure am, got back yesterday! What about you?"

Dean nods and Pamela's eyes flick to Castiel. "And who's this pretty little thing?" Pamela asks.