7.5

---

My breathing catches in my throat. I feel my blood go cold as I stare into the face I use to stupidly admire. I think the worst moment of it all was is when he looked at me. The moment when his eyes looked into mine and made me shiver. I instantly turned around and walked over to Sarah.

"Sarah. I'm freaking out." I whispered to her while Jack was occupied by his phone.

"Why?" She just looked at me.

"Uh-" I croaked. "D-Damen is here." I cleared my throat nearly crying.

"What?" An expression of anger on her face. She had heard about him, but never met him. "Where is he?"

"The lane beside us." I whispered. "He already saw me. All I knew to do was look away and come to you."

"Is it the freakishly tall guy with blue eyes and dark hair?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?" I replied softly.

"He's walking over here as we speak." She whispered.

"M-Mady?" I heard him stutter.

I turned around slowly keeping my head down, "Hi."

"How are you?" He asked.

"You actually care now?" I cried.

"I always cared." He said.

"Did you care when you slept with Carrie or when you didn't even come after me?" I asked my arms crossed over me.

"I-"

"You never cared that way about me." I cut him off. "Now if you'll excuse me." I said walking over to Jack.

I felt a hand tighten around my arm. "Mady."

I tugged my hand away. "Don't you dare put your hands on me!" I exclaimed, a tear escaping my eyes.

"Babe, are you okay?" Jack rushed over. "Who are you?" He gave Damen an odious look.

I wrapped my hand around my wrist and breathed slowly, "Meet Damen." I said softly.

"Damen?" Jack said amused. "Well, you really shouldn't put your hands on Mady." Jack suggested stepping in front of me.

"What are you gonna do?" Damen asked.

"Protect my girlfriend. Like you couldn't do." Jack smiled.

"I protected h-"

"Shut up dude." Jack said. "I've heard all about you. You didn't love or care about Mady the way I do." He looked at me and smiled.

"What do you know?" Damen walked towards Jack.

"That you're a disgusting pig." Jack pulled me closer to him. "Now if you will excuse us."

"You ain't going no where." Damen placed his hand on Jack's shoulder.

"Calm down dude," Jack said. "I don't want to fight with you."

"Cause you're scared?" Damen asked.

"No, because I actually have manners."

"Damen-" I said. "Please let us go. Just stop."

"But I want you back. I followed you here because I want you." Damen cried. "I miss you."

"After nearly four years you actually want to fight for me?" I laughed. "You didn't chase after me the night I caught you in bed with my ex-bestfriend on our eight month anniversary. Oh wait, you didn't know it was our eighth month because you forgot and then did Carrie in your bed," I cried walking towards him. "Now I want to go home with my boyfriend and bestfriend. Just leave me alone. I don't want you," I said bluntly pushing him out of my way.