Chapter 5

Maliha's P.O.V.

I walked into the kitchen and helped my mom with cleaning the mess.

"Mama aap sab itna kiu roe?" I asked while putting all the dishes in the dishwasher.

"Ye kaisa sawaal hai Maliha. Zahir si baat hai tum jaa rehi ho is liye." She answered but I felt like she was lying to me,like if there is an other reason. She did not even look into my eyes while answering my question.Lagta hai daal me kuch kaala hai.

"Nei,lekin" She quickly cut me off.

"Maliha tum jao,ja ke sojao ab.Kal jaana bhi to hai." I dropped the topic and walked towards her and hugged her tightly. She pulled back after a while and patted my head.

I walked into my room and quickly changed my clothes.I laid down in my bed and started thinking about this trip.

Maybe Hina is right. I have to do this anyways, so why don't I just try to make the best out of it. Maybe Allah has planned something better for me in Houston.Maybe he wants me to visit New york to an other time. Maybe something big is waiting for me there in Houston.

I just tried to find some reasons to see all this in a positive way, but lately only Allah is the one who knows why I'm going to Houston. I kept on thinking and didn't realize when I snoozed off.

***

I heard a knock on my door.

"Kya hai" I half screamed in my sleepy tone. The door opened and I heared somebody enter the room.

"Maliha, uth jao! Airport bhi to jaana hai" Mom patted my head.

"Mama abhi bohat time hai yaar, sone de thora sa." I covered my face with my pillow.

"Maliha 9 baj gaye hai or"

"Kya??" I screamed and instantly sat straight in bed. I took my phone and clicked the homebotton.

"It's 9 am Mama why didn't you wake me? Aap jaye mai bas tayaar ho ke aati hu."I said and stood up. I wasn't feeling tired anymore but kinda sad.

I took a quick shower and went to my closet.

I guess I have to choose a new outfit. Pehle wala outfit to New york ke liye soch ke rakha tha, lekin mai to Houston jaa rehi hu.

I decided to wear a black top with a over-sized grey pullover over it. Black tights to cover my legs and big purple headphones, I wore around my neck.

I walked to my commode, dried and straightend my hair and put on some light make-up.

I then quickly headed downstairs.My parents and Maryam were already waiting for me, at the dining table.

"Halwa poori? Lagta hai jaise aap log to barra khush hai aaj huh?"

"Or nehi to kya, jaan chutjayegi aaj tumse" Maryam said in a really annoyed tone.

"Fasool baatein mat kro Maryam or khana khao." Mama raised her voice a little. She hates Maryam's rude behaviour towards me but more than that she hates, that Maryam is so disrespectful.

We all quitely finished our breakfast,because my parents don't like talking during eating. Afterwards I went into my room to get all my stuff down. I will really miss this room...I spent my last 15 years in this room..I'll miss every corner of it..my homely bed..my wardrope,I spent my half life in standing in front of it and deciding what to wear..EVERY GIRLS STRUGGLE...my commode...my desk..my mirror..my photos...and this beautiful photoframe with more than 200 pictures of Hina and me...yeah I'll miss this place.