"you enjoyed it."

meili scoffed, leaning away from the boy.

"no."

"yeah."

"no."

"yeah you did," he insisted, leaning over the girl and began to tickle her stomach.

"stOP," she yelled out in pain, laughing too hard to breathe properly.

donghyuck continued, ignoring her cries of protest.

meili saw an opening and stuck her open hand in his hair, beginning to purposely mess it up.

the boy stopped tickling her, letting meili use both of her hands to mess his hair while also giving him an unintentional head message.

"that feels good," he smiled out, leaning into the girl who pushed him away in disgust.

"stop flirting," renjun glared over at his twin and his best friend, chenle nodding enthusiastically in agreement.

"yeah," he chimed in.

"we're not flirting," meili denied, pulling away from donghyuck and leaning back on the couch. "we're just friends."

friends. something about what she said made donghyuck's heart ache.
"she probably doesn't like me back," he thought to himself, mood perishing.

"well whatever you're doing is hard to watch," jaemin spoke up, his arms still around a now out cold jisung.

"oh whatever," meili stood up, heading over to the boy on the armchair.

tiptoeing over each of the boy's feet, she towered over the two sitting. well jaemin was sitting. jisung was half in the older's lap and half falling off of the chair, long legs sticking out in front of him.

"is he really asleep," meili went to poke jisung's face but immediately had her hand swatted away by a protective jaemin.

"no touching," he hissed. she then moved her finger to jaemin's face, him watching in curiosity.

it moved closer, coming in contact with his cheek.

"hey," he pushed her hand away, dramatically pouting. "don't touch my face."

"fine," she muttered, beginning to walk away before quickly turning back, leaping onto jaemin.

"WHATJSJT?" he exclaimed as meili starting tickling him. he clawed at her in attempt to get her off but it was no use, he had nothing against her.

"get off!" he whined in pain, stomach aching.

meanwhile jisung had awoken, stumbling over to chenle as the boys watched the two fighting.

donghyuck watched with a blank face, emotions hidden as they swirled inside of him.

it upset him, seeing the two fooling around together. he knew him and meili had moments like that but still wished it was him there instead of jaemin.

he felt like nothing was growing between him and meili, like all their flirting and messing around meant nothing. there was no result from it anyway.

donghyuck sighed, pulling out his phone to distract himself. the screen had coincidentally lit up with a text right as he clicked it on, giving him something to do.

it was from hana, a cheerleader from an opposing school they had played in basketball.
it was unusual for the boy to keep in contact with any of the cheerleaders, but none of them had ever been bold enough to ask for his number.

hana had, just sauntering up to him after a game in the past year, casually asking for it. they never really talked though, just the girl occasionally trying to start a conversation where hyuck would dryly reply.

neo high happened to be playing against her school in two weeks, the finals in the league.
he knew meili would be their and was planning to play his best to impress her.

another message popping up on his screen knocked donghyuck out of his thoughts.

———

Hana (valley)

hey haechan, its hana... well obviously LOL
i just wanted to see if you wanted to
hang out this afternoon or tomorrow?
and maybe after the game this week too?

I'm busy|
I'm b|
|

———

donghyuck stopped himself from replying. thinking back to meili, what if hana could help him loose his feelings for the girl. and it wasn't all that bad, he thought hana was... a bit cute (????).

sighing, he decided to agree.
whats the worst that could happen?

———

Hana (valley)

Sure

———