🐫Ashley

Giza, the suburb of the Egyptian city; Cairo.
Giza is best known for the sphinx and pyramids on the Giza Plateau, just west of the city. But as well for its long and tropical days. Today was no exception.
It is a warm Egyptian summer day, as it was expected. The sun is high in the clear blue sky and the locals are crowding the markets of Giza. The sand lifts gently in a warm breeze. It seems like a routine day, burning hot but peaceful.
But it wasn't a regular day. At least, not for her. Today is an unique day. For the first time in forever, 'Ashley' woke up happy and energetically. She was singing again... She felt excited and optimistic once again.
A subtle knock sounds through the clear room. While she hurriedly prepares her travel bag, she answers the sound on her oak wooden door. "Come in" she yells, hurrying her long dark blond hair over her slender shoulder. "Hey, Ash" greets a young attractive man. A smile of recognition colors her face. "Rick" she shouts and grins widely. Chuckling Rick embraces his little sister. Ashley couldn't hide her happiness. She smiles from ear to ear as she holds him tight. Ashley and Rick, their bond was unbreakable. Already from a young age, Ashley looked up to Rick. He was a decade older, but when they were together, it was unnoticeable. As soon as Ashley heard that Rick was in prison and sentenced to death, she broke. Trying everything to get him out, she almost got locked up herself. All her hope was lost and then... That woman appeared. Evelyn.
Ashley didn't understand the deal Rick made with her, but she didn't really care. It saved his life, that's all that matters. And as usual, since their parents died, Ashley was joining him on his trips. This journey was no exception.
Today was the day, she prepared two days for this moment. Her nerves nor fears couldn't get the best of her now!
"Ash" repeats Rick. He snaps his fingers in front of her bright blue eyes. "Oh fuck, sorry Rick" she says hastily and flashes a nervous smile. She puts the stack of underwear, which she held in her hands for way too long, in her travel bag and zips it up. Headshaking Rick takes her bag. "Goddamn Ashley, what you got in here? Rocks?" Ashley scoffs. "I just want to be prepared, can I" she answers partly joking, partly offended. "Prepared for what? An unsinkable float?" Ashley crosses her arms while lifting one eyebrow. Rick places her bag down again. Gently he cups her face into his hands.
A warm smile rests on his face as he peers into her almond-shaped stone blue eyes. "You do remember what I told you when mom and dad died, do you?" Ashley nods. "I promise I will always take care of you Ash. I will never endanger or disappoint you." He puts his forehead against Ashley's and closes his eyes for a second. Ashley takes a relaxing breath as Rick kisses her forehead. "Now, I'll get your dead body weight bag and we'll go. No doubt that she is already waiting." Ashley nods and locks the front door behind him. In the elevator, she takes a moment to observe herself on the mirror wall.
Ashley was probably the most popular girl in Cairo. Rick got angry with all the men who begged for her attention. But luckily Ashley wasn't looking for romance. He could understand all the boys falling for her at the end.
Her smooth tanned brown skin betrayed that she was a foreigner. Her bright eyes,  slim hourglass body with round full breasts, her arched tight dark peanut-colored eyebrows, her heart-shaped face, and her little button nose gave the young girl an innocent impression. Her full lips were rouge-colored by nature. Her waist-length straight dark blonde hair had banana-colored lashes.
As usual, Ashley did spend quite some time on her looks. Her long hair is carefully braided in a twisted braid. Her almond short nails are painted jam colored. She has black Egyptian eyeliner, matching her navy-colored cat eye, eyeshadow. In her smaller ears adorn a pair of indigo blue cluster earrings. Her thin body is dressed in a spaghetti strap, frost-colored top with a black leather vest on top of it.
Around her neck hangs a golden charm necklace. Her slender right wrist is decorated with a double wrap bracelet.
On her left hand she wears a birthstone ring with an indigo blue stone, matching her earrings.
Rick looks intently at his sister and starts to grin. Without any warning, he rips the etiquette from her skinny black jeans. "Hey" she shouts. "You really should stop borrowing clothes from the store", Rick teases. Ashley rolls her eyes. "I'll stop when they pay me properly." Rick laughs out loud and leaves the elevator.
"Do you really think he'll show?" "Undoubtedly. I know the breed. he may be a cowboy but his word is his word."
There they are" says Rick and leads Ashley towards the talking duo.   "Personally, I think he is filthy, rude, and a complete scoundrel. I don't like him one bit." "Want to bet they are talking about you" smirks Ashley. Rick clenches his teeth. "Anyone I know" he interrupts. Surprised Evelyn and Jonathan turn around. Jonathan his gaze slides hungrily over Ashley her slender body. Ashley is having a hard time not bursting out laughing as she watches Evelyn her eyes, partly shocked, partly aroused slide over Rick his body and face. When she opens her mouth Rick gives her a pushy look. "Oh uh" she stammers as she places her bag on the floor. No eyes at all for Ashley. "Hello, Mr. O'Connell." "Smashing day for starting an adventure hey O'Connell" laughs Jonathan while patting Rick on his chest and shaking his hand afterward. Rick looks unimpressed at the somewhat dumb-looking man while Evelyn observes Ashley. "Yeah, yeah smashing" answers Rick sarcastically. He checks if he still has his wallet and keeps Jonathan in the eye. "Oh, I never steal from a partner, partner," Jonathan says hastily. Rick laughs and nods. "That reminds me, no hard feelings about the uh," he says and forms a first. "Oh, no happens all the time" Jonathan answers nervously. While Ashley looks surprised, Rick smiles and shakes his head. "Mr. O'Connell can you look me in the eye and guarantee that this  isn't some kind of flimflam cause if it is I am warning you I will." Amused Rick interrupts Evelyn. "You are warning me? Lady look let me put it this way. My whole damn garrison believed in this so much that they marched without orders halfway across Libya and Egypt to find this map and when we got there, you know what we found? Nothing but sand and blood. " Evelyn  looks lost in thought at Rick and swallows. "Forgive me mister O'Connell" she stammers. Rick shakes his head. "I didn't mean to insult you nor your wife." "Oh ew" utters Ashley. "No, no" speaks Rick at the same time. Rick looks offended at Ashley. "This is not my wife. She is Ashley and Ashley is my little sister" explains Rick. "Excuse me," he mutters and signals to Ashley. Ashley silently follows Rick on board. "Ew" he asks dramatically shocked. Ashley grins. "I don't want to be your wife" she laughs. "PpppI'll get you for that" he jokes and opens the cabin door. "Here, get unpacked. A little at least. I'll be back.  Ashley nods. "You'll be okay on your own for a while?" "Rick I am not a little girl anymore" jokes Ashley. "Yes, you are, you will always be my little girl" he answers and kisses her forehead before leaving for the deck. Ashley sighs and drops herself on the bed. She hums softly and closes her eyes, thinking about the adventures to come.