A Little Hope

"You came with Nami's car?" Law asked. Luffy nodded. "I got motorcycle license though. I'll buy one sooner or later!"

The party lasted long, it was already two hours and Law needed to sleep early since he had early shift tomorrow morning. Shachi and Penguin bailed him out like always, Bonney finally agreed to let him go after shoving Luffy away with him. Law a hundred percent sure that Bonney definitely set this up so he could talk with Luffy. He was thankful for not noticing; since if he knew, he probably wouldn't go, and missed the chance to talk with Luffy. Bonney mouthing something when they walked out but Law didn't care enough to find out what she was talking about.

"You have enough money," Law remembered how many championships Luffy won.

"I do have money. I don't have permission from Sabo," Luffy sighed. "He is such a worrywart!"

Law remembered that blonde older brother of Luffy's. A lot easier to handle than his other late brother Ace, not that he met Ace that much.

"You can be careless after all. You sleep easily as well," Law smiled lightly and knocked Luffy's temple lightly with his tattooed fingers. "I'll be worried."

Luffy rubbed his temple with weird expression. "I'm better now, okay."

Law chuckled. "Sure."

Luffy couldn't stop his heart from thumping. It felt annoying now they're broken up. Luffy should understood Law was special since the start. It would be a lot easier.

"You drank some booze. You think you're okay? Driving?" Luffy asked after they arrived at Law's car. Law looked at Luffy and smiled softly. He changed a bit. To be caring like this about other people, definitely a good change.

"I didn't drink that much, a few sips," Law explained.

"Good... Ugh, it's so cold outside," Luffy hugged himself. Luffy had high body temperature but he still got cold easily. They're only been outside for less than ten minutes but Luffy's nose was running. Law smiled at the younger man and opened his own black jacket, put it on Luffy's shoulder.

"Should take your jacket with you when we walk outside," Law hold the jacket so Luffy could slide his hands in. Luffy learned how habit could be terrifying. He let Law did that like it was supposed to be like that. It's been three years yet it still felt natural. Thank goodness the area was quiet at midnight, Law could take any time he needed.

"So, when are you free?" Law asked. He just gave up on avoiding Luffy all over again. He was so sure Luffy deserved someone better, yet when he saw Luffy with his own eyes, Law ended up wanting him more and more. He remembered all the fears and regrets, torturing him inside. He wanted to understand more. About Luffy, about himself, about their relationship. Law knew how much of a coward he was, he kept on thinking about it these past three years. He would never notice how low his self-esteem was before meeting Luffy. To break up because of his insecurities sounded cowardly, yet he still possessed the desire to have Luffy. He couldn't help but breath easily when he found out Luffy didn't have relationship with anyone after their break up.

"You're more busy than me, Mr. Surgeon," Luffy grinned. Law wanted to kiss that innocent face but he held himself back.

"I guess our champion is in break after his win," Law answered. Luffy giggled cutely and it made Law's heart jumped instantly.

"I still have my regular training. What about you? When are you free?" Luffy asked.

"I have shift for 6 days but depends on the days I'm free in the evening," Law explained. "Sometimes I get emergency calls, but it's rare."