“Radagast! Radagast the Brown.” Gandalf said reassuringly. “Ah. What on earth are you doing here?”

“I was looking for you, Gandalf. Something’s wrong. Something’s terribly wrong.” Radagast replied, stepping off his sled and hurrying towards Gandalf.

“Yes?” Radagast opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. He paused then tried again. “Oh, just give me a minute. Um, oh, I had a thought, and now I’ve lost it. It was, it was right there, on the tip of my tongue.” He stopped, a surprised look crosses his face. “Oh, it’s not a thought at all; it’s a silly old...” He stuck out his tongue, Gandalf furrowed his brow, plucking something off of his comrades tongue. “-stick insect!” Everyone, including Beuren, looked at him awkwardly. The wizards paced away a few feet, speaking privately.

Meanwhile, Dwalin heard snickering behind him. He glanced behind him at Beuren. She was laughing all by herself, making her look just a tad crazy. He eyed her for a moment before choosing to speak.

“What are you laughing at?” She pointed at his feet. He looked down. The rabbits that had been pulling the sled were bunched around his feet, all looking up at him. He stared awkwardly down at them before looking back at her.

“I thought you were a great warrior, not a bunny herder.”

“Oh, you’re clever.” He hissed sarcastically. He took a half step back from the rabbits, which followed him. He looked back to see Kili grinning beside his aunt. “Stupid creatures.” He grumbled. He heard a heavy step then a tap on his shoulder. He turned to come face to face with a soft furry creature. He looked around it to see Beuren frowning at him.

“He’s not stupid.” She said, pushing the rabbit towards Dwalin more. He glared at it a moment, watching its little pink nose twitch. He looked back a Beuren. She nodded to the rabbit. With a sigh he patted its head, two pats, that was it. Kili was laughing. She set the rabbit down and nodded. Bilbo smiled, looking away so Dwalin didn’t see.

Before long the rabbits were all piled on top of one another in Beuren’s lap, everyone stared at her as she laughed, petting each one till they were all asleep. She was leaning back against a tree stump, they were piled so high that you couldn’t see her eyes, yet each looked completely comfortable.

“I thought you were some great warrior.” Dwalin said sarcastically.

“I am, but I have a hoarding problem.” She joked back.  It was ultimately the howl that woke the warm, fuzzy, creatures up. Everyone turned back to look.

“Was that a wolf? Are there wolves out there?” Bilbo asked, fear obvious in his voice. The rabbits leapt up, getting anxious.

“Wolves? No, that was not a wolf.” Bofur answered looking back up the hill. A Warg leapt forward, landing in the middle of the company, looking directly at a still sitting Beuren. Thorin lunged, killing the beast. Another came bounding down the hill, Kili took aim hitting it. The Warg stood again; ready to attack Thorin, but Dwalin quickly put an end to that.

“Warg scouts!” Thorin exclaimed, wrenching his sward out of the Warg. “Which means an orc pack is not far behind.”

“Orc pack?!” Bilbo barked, clearly frightened.

“Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?” Gandalf yelled, looking at Thorin.

“No one.” Thorin replied.

“Who did you tell?!”

“No one, I swear!” Gandalf turned back to the Wargs. “What in Durin’s name is going on?”

“You are being hunted.” Gandalf said, turning back to the company.

“We have to get out of here.” Dwalin stated, speaking for everyone.