"In your memories, I could tell that the name Uchiha was of prominence and had a high standing in your village before it fell out due to distrust between them. Would you mind explaining about it?" Erwin asked.

"Sure." Sunako said. "Among the four noble clans in Konoha, the Uchiha clan was reputed to be the strongest shinobi clan because of our bloodline limit, the Sharingan, and our natural battle prowess. After the Warring States period, the Uchiha unified with the Senju and created Konoha within the borders of the land of fire."

"Oh!" Hange snapped her fingers. "So that's why the air around you screamed nobility whenever you talk!"

"You could say that, but I am no heir. However, even after helping found Konoha decades ago, my clan grew increasingly isolated from the village's affairs which led to plot a coup against the village and then their downfall. I was one of the few surviving Uchiha until I died. I guess you could say right now that I'm the first and last Uchiha living in this world." Sunako said. If she were to be married, she would no longer carry on the Uchiha name to her children with the possibility that her children may inherit her clan's bloodline, and if she were to die, then that would be the end of her bloodline.

"Then what is the Uchiha Clan and this 'Sharingan' of yours?" Erwin asked.

Sunako closed her eyes, thinking back on her elder brother's words and the knowledge of her clan. "As I'm sure it was mentioned in my memories. Before the founding of Konoha, the Senju Clan and the Uchiha clan have warred endlessly across history. Both clans have been enemies since the beginning."

"Your mother did mention that, but how does that connect?" Levi questioned her with narrowed eyes.

Sunako sighed. "It was often said that in contrast to the Senju clan who sought to triumph not through techniques, but through the power of love, whereas the Uchiha clan valued the power of techniques above all. However, the truth was very different."

Levi lifted his brow in interest as Sunako calmly stared at them. Her eyes held seriousness and shone wisdom as she revealed the one sentence that most people haven't thought of throughout history. "No clan feels deeper love than the Uchiha. That is why we suppressed and sealed it away."

"What do you mean by that?" Levi demanded, his brows furrowed.

"Once a member of the Uchiha comes to know love, it's as if all our previously checked emotions are released. Strong love and power exceeding even that of the Senju."

"But why is that a problem? It should help them bond with the Senju. This super strong power of love, shouldn't it?" Hange asked. A bit confused on why it would be a problem.

"But therein lies the danger." Sunako's tone turned grim. "Excessively strong love is capable of flying out of control. When an Uchiha knows love only to then lose those powerful feelings, it is replaced by an even stronger hate that changes them. I've seen it happen among my clansmen and I am no exception to it. And that's when a special condition emerges."

"A special condition?" Erwin questioned, sitting up straight on his seat when he heard, rather curious about this condition.

"When an Uchiha is tormented by the loss of a great love, or by despair at who they have become, or something equally terrible, a special chakra flows through the brain, causing the nerves to respond and our eyes to be altered. This phenomenon is called the Sharingan, eyes that reflect the heart." Sunako paused for a bit, thinking back to the times where she awakened her Sharingan along with how her brother awakened his in his despair. "The Sharingan aligns with the power of that person's heart, rapidly making them stronger, even as it strengthens the hatred in their heart."