Chapter 11: A Dangerous Rescue

Start from the beginning

The four lionesses are still inside the small cave, and they are still waiting for Kovu and the others to rescue them. They were forced to hunt for Abasi's pride and were beaten because they refused to obey the rules given to them. Their ears suddenly perked up as they hear someone calling out for them quietly. They walked towards the blocked-off exit of the cave and called them back.

"Hey! We're in here!" Nala called out.

"Nala? Is that you?" Asked Sarafina.

"Yes, mother. I'm in here with Kiara, Tiifu, and Zuri!"

"Don't worry; we'll get you out,"

Kovu ran up towards Sarafina, "Did you find them?"

She nodded and gestured to the small cave with a large boulder in front of it, "They're inside this cave. The only problem is that they're trapped inside,"

"Let's push it out of the way," Said Kovu, "This will free them."

Kovu, Sarafina, and the other pridelander lionesses gathered around the boulder and, with all of their strength, pushed the boulder out of the way, thus freeing the four trapped lionesses. They ran out of the cave, and Kiara embraced Kovu in a hug as Nala did the same with Sarafina. Kiara then turned around and nuzzled her grandmother, which the older lioness returned to her eldest granddaughter.

"Are you four alright?" Asked Kovu.

"Yes, Kovu. We're fine," said Zuri.

"We've gotten beaten up a little, but we'll manage," Tiifu remarked.

"Ok. Let's get you four outta here before we get caught," Said Kovu as he and others ran back to where they came from. They stopped as Kovu grabbed the former outlanders' attention, and they ran towards them. Simba also came out of his hiding spot and regrouped with the team who had successfully rescued Kiara, Nala, Tiifu, and Zuri.

"Let's get out of here," said Simba.

Kovu lead everyone out of the outlands and back into the pride lands. Zazu was flying above them, and he sees that the team had returned from the outlands with the four lionesses. So he flew back to pride rock, where Sarabi was waiting on him.

"Sarabi, I have good news," Said Zazu, flying towards the older lioness and landing on a small rock.

"Did they found them?" She asked.

Zazu nodded his head, "Yes, they did. They were successful on their mission,"

"That's wonderful! I'm so glad that they're safe,"

"Me too,"

With that being said, Kovu and the others had arrived back to pride rock and were standing by the den, "Great job, everyone. I couldn't have done it without you," He praised.

Simba nuzzled Nala and Kiara, "I'm so glad you two are safe from harm,"

"Us too, Simba.

The pride had come out of the den and saw Kovu with his team, "Look, everyone! Kovu's back!" Kita cried out.

"And they successfully rescued Kiara, Nala, Tiifu, and Zuri!" Asante said.

The pride cheered and praised Kovu for his bravery and everyone else for their teamwork. After they stopped cheering, they went back inside with the others. Kion limped out of his private den and was reunited with his mother, sister, mate, and friend.

"I'm so glad you all are ok," Said Kion.

"Me too, Kion," Said Tiifu.

"Did Abasi hurt you?" He asked.

"Well, he did beat us up because we refused to hunt in the pride lands for him," Kiara admitted.

"When I'm all healed up, I'm going to go back to the outlands and teach him a lesson about messing with my family!" He declared.

"No, Kion! Abasi and his pride can kill you," Zuri said, "That would've been a suicide mission to confront him and his whole pride by yourself."

"Zuri's right, son. You can't just go into his pride without getting killed," Simba pointed out.

Kion sighed, "Yes, dad. I understand,"

"You did great, Kovu," Tama praised as she walked along with the scene with Kula, Mheetu, Malka, and Chumvi. "Thank you for rescuing my daughter. I don't know how I can repay you."

"You've shown that you're a great King of pride rock. We're so proud of you," said Mheetu, smiling at the young king, "Thanks for bringing back my big sister and niece."

"Thank you for bringing back my daughter as well," Kula said while she's nuzzling Zuri.

"We really appreciate it," said Malka.

"Excellent job, Kovu," said Chumvi, "Simba has taught you well."

"I sure did, didn't I? He really did pay close attention to my lessons when this pride had joined together and joined me on my rounds when I was King," Simba said.

"You're most welcome, everyone," said Kovu, smiling at being praised by his peers.

The four lionesses were back home where they belong, safe and sound. But, back in the outlands, Abasi was furious that they had escaped from their trap.

"Ugh! Those pesky pridelanders!" He raged, clawing at a dead tree, "They seem like they're smarter than us!"

"I told you that we should've guarded that cave!" Mabaya said, rolling her eyes.

"You didn't tell me that!" He barked.

"Yeah, I did, Abasi! And it would be best if you started thinking before we do something to Kovu, Kion, and all of the others back at pride rock," She replied.

Abasi raised his paw to strike Mabaya yet again. She dodged out of the way and retaliated by slamming her paw into Abasi's head, knocking him down.

"Don't you dare put your paws on me again!" She roared, "I am the crowned Queen around here, and you can't be hitting me! I'm pregnant with our heir, and if this keeps up, I will have a miscarriage because of you!"

Abasi got up, feeling dizzy from Mabaya's hit. He gave her a deadly glare before walking away from her to calm himself down before he does something he'll later regret. Mabaya rolled her eyes before walking away to ease her stress towards her mate.

Abasi and Mabaya's relationship may be toxic but, the two lions still loved each other, no matter what happens between them. Then, Kitana walked towards her queen with a concerned look on her face, "My queen, are you alright?" She asked.

Mabaya turned towards Kitana and gave her a sad smile, "Yes, Kitana. I'm doing fine. It's just Abasi is being more stubborn and mean towards me," Mabaya answered.

"He's just upset because this kidnapping failed. Kovu and the pridelanders are smarter than we think they are," 

"Yes, and I wish we can live in the pride lands where we don't have to worry about starving or being dehydrated,"

I agree with you. And besides, you have a cub on the way," Kitana pointed out.

Mabaya patted her extended belly, "I know. I've been sneaking into the pride lands to hunt for food for me and my cub,"

"That's good. But have you been hunting by the northern border? I heard there are some prey there to eat," 

The outlander queen nodded, "Yes, I have," Said Mabaya, "That's the source of food for us. If we ever go deeper into the pride lands, we'll be in big trouble with Kovu,"

"Ugh, tell me about it. We can't even step paw in the pride lands for food and water,"

"One day, we'll take over the pride lands and force them all to leave," Mabaya remarked, "We'll finish what Scar had and become the most powerful pride we are!"

"Yes, and the pride lands will suffer from our wrath!" Kitana cackled as she and Mabaya gave out evil laughs that echoed throughout the whole outlands.

End Of Chapter 11