I broke the kiss and pulled away avoiding eye contact because I knew If I didn't his mesmerizing eyes would pull me back into doing something I wouldn't be able to stop myself from.

"Lorenzo," I said trying to regain my breath as I placed my hand on his rising chest.

"It's okay bella"

My heart melted, who knew such simple words can be so comforting. He laid back down keeping his arms open waiting to hold me in his embrace. I was hesitant knowing it wasn't the best idea but I did it anyway. Stupid I know right.

I tossed to my side so my back laid on his chest and his arm snaked around my waist pulling me in close enough that I giggled from his warm breath fanning on the sensitive part of the back of my neck.

I closed my eyes and our relaxed breathing plus my occasional sniffles filled the silence in the room. I didn't mind the quietness but after a while, I got tired of it.

I wasn't sure if Lorenzo was awake or not but I took a deep breath before speaking softly. "Lorenzo" It took a moment but he responded tiredly.

"Mhm"

"You told me you keep your distance from me because your a bad person but I don't think of you like that, if anything I think you're a good person who just does bad things"

I understand everyone or mostly everyone has experienced things in life that we let slide multiple times until it became too draining that we had to put a stop to it. I've learned over time that I've changed because of my past and I know others have too so it isn't my place to judge someone because I don't know what led them to be the person they are now.

It also wasn't my place to ask him what his childhood was like, I know my limit, and crossing it isn't something I'm comfortable with. If he was ready to speak of it he would and I wasn't going to push it but I just felt the need to reassure him that I don't think of him the way he thinks I do.

He didn't respond to me but instead nuzzled his head on the crook of my neck and planted a soft kiss causing butterflies in my stomach to fly around.

Time passes slowly and the quietness is no longer there, being completely disturbed by Lorenzo's snores. I honestly felt like stuffing a sock in his mouth but none were around.

It didn't take long for him to fall asleep but I on the other hand was having the most difficult time going back to sleep after my nightmare and my mind flooding with memories and motives once again.

Despite having to betray him, I focused on three words the most, questioning whether it was true or not. I truthfully feel the same towards him, I never had a real relationship with anyone because of the job I had, and dating someone at work was not a good idea.

When I met Lorenzo I thought it was going to be an easy task, collect information and go but it was nothing like that. He wasn't the person I was told he was, he did do bad things but he mostly did it for the right reasons. He opened up to me and showed me a side I thought I'll never truly see and I loved it. He was this sweet adorable person who wanted to take care of the people he loved but covered it up by being 'heartless' and intimidating.

He had his cons like his bipolar behavior but I don't care because it makes him real. It took me a while to realize that falling for someone is the easy part but admitting it to yourself is the challenge.