Chapter Six

"So some of her friends are missing and she said that if we are willing to help her in anyway she is willing to help us in anyway"Jerome said after the tiny reunion me and nick had."Alright then fill us in and we will tell you what we can if possible"Mary said.

I sighed taking a seat on one of the bar stools.

"Hope county is split into three basic pieces not including where Joseph's compound is or where Dutch lives"I said pulling my map out laying it out flat on the bar.

Everyone came around and surrounded me taking a look at how Dutch had my map sketched out and sectioned."John has Joey Hudson here in Holland valley,Jacob has Staci Pratt over in the whitetails,and Faith has Marshal Burke over in the henbane while Earl is getting the jail up and running over there"I stated.

"So you need a rough sketch on where to start looking?"Grace asked leaning against the bar next to me.I nodded.

"Does anyone got a pen or something?"I asked."Yeah hang on I got a marker"Mary said turning around and moving things before turning back to me handing me a sharpie.

I took the cap off putting a circle around my house labeling it along with Johns and labeled it.

"Wait wait..."Kim said looking at John's circle."Eva you live next door to him,you literally know where the man lives why wouldn't you check there first"She questioned."It's way to obvious,i know they know I'm coming for my friends.Im sure they are hoping for it too so there is no possible way they would put her somewhere I'm that close to"I said

"A few of the peggies that have stopped by staking the place out that we caught and questioned have said something about each of the siblings owning some sort of bunker? For some collapse they are preparing for,possibly there but I've never heard distinct locations"Mary said.

"Eva that's a good lead and it's a very true one at that I should know of all people but it's not good enough we need a location just tell them to let you know if anything comes up location wise"Eli said."got it Eli"I said sighing.

They all looked at me confused as of to why I said that then I pointed to my ear that had the earpiece in it.A wave of oohhh's filled the bar and I chuckled.

"Eli said it's a good lead but we still need a location so if you guys hear anything let me know"I said.

"How can we get ahold of you if you don't have a phone?"Nick said.I pushed him jokingly."Stop by the wolf den Eva I got something that can fix the communication issue.It should be marked on the map Dutch gave you "Eli said.I checked my map getting a good idea of where it was then folded my map putting it back into my back pocket.

I sighed."I'm gonna head to the wolf den to solve that problem right now"I said handing Mary her marker back.

"I'm coming with you"He said."No you aren't you are staying with your PREGNANT wife"I said standing up.

"Eva I'm fine,I'm not due for a few weeks.So I'm sure during one trip to the wolfs den and back I won't have the baby,Besides I need a break from his chaos for a moment"She said.I chuckled ."Fine,I'll be back to help you two with anything you need in a bit okay?"I said to Jerome and Mary.

They both smiled and nodded."Stay safe you four"I said patting the bar counter then heading out of the spread eagle with boomer and nick."So how'd you get boomer?"He questioned as we walked towards The car I took from Rae rae's.

"And where is my car I let you borrow?"He questioned again as I let boomer into the back seat then got in the driver seat.

I started the car then nick got into the passenger seat."I got boomer from Rae Rae's,she was murdered for the dog.they were gonna take him but when I got there the peggies weren't there and he was left in a cage so I took him with me and your car is outside hope county because they said there was no way I was getting in by myself so they picked me up in a helicopter then took me to Joseph sermon to arrest him right after"I said pulling away from falls end.

It went silent.

"Why didn't you tell me Nick..."I said breaking the silence after a moment."Eva...I wanted to...I did...But I know you,you would've came in here full force on your own and tried to fix it all by yourself and it would've gotten you killed I'm sure of it"He said.I shook my head.

"Nick...they were our family too...,of course I would've went by myself because I know that if you would've told me sooner I could've fixed this problem before it got this far"I said gripping the steering wheel.

"No Eva,They are manipulative and they are liars.I knew that from the beginning but my judgement was clouded by the fact that we were all happy with one another and you were in love with one "He said."No I was not in love"I said shaking my head.

"Bullshit,nice try Eva but you were"He said."yeah okay whatever"I said."That's not the point though Eva don't try and change the subject because you are afraid to see the truth of what is happening right now"He said.I stayed quiet.

"Eva...right now you are mad at me and I get it,Your friends are missing and you basically have lost people close to you but eventually you'll get that what I did was the right thing"He said.