Kiss Cam

*This story is dedicated to my friend @kimpyvon as a payback for her awesome 1D fanfic requested by me. :)) and also thank you to @SmileyKari and @Portia_Whitlock for encouraging me to write this fanfic. :) Love you, girls. xx  AND this fanfic is purely fiction. :) and also this is my first time writing a story so PLEASE go easy on me. :)) thank you. :D

Ugh.

I hate sports.

I really do. 

I hate all kinds of sports.

Why?

Because they make you sweaty and stinky.

So remind me again why am I here at this massive, wide, crowded Yankee Stadium?

Oh right, because of my brother.

My brother, Dan is a huge fan of New York Yankees and since he got accepted in Oxford University in London for college, I bought two tickets for him and her girlfriend, Jessica to watch the Yankees versus the Red Sox as his gift.

It turns out that Jessica can’t make it due to her sickness and that is why I am here watching the game with my brother. I can’t let the money go to waste, you know. The ticket isn’t cheap.

“Excuse me,” a voice said, interrupting my thoughts. I turned to look at the most gorgeous boy I’ve ever laid my eyes on. He had spiky black hair with hazel brown eyes. He was wearing silver studs on each ear and a hoodie jacket with the hood over his head. He also looks very familiar.

“Are the five seats taken?” He asked with his British accent. I can’t help but stare at his eyes. It was really mesmerizing.

Snap out of it! I told myself.

I don’t want him to notice that I’m practically drooling over him.

“No.” I said calmly and smiled.

 “Great.” He smirked.

Oh God, help my heart not to explode. I mentally prayed.

He sat next to me and smiled. I smiled back then he took out his phone.

He should stop smiling, really.

Doesn’t he know that that makes my heart melt?

Four other guys came and sat next to Mr. Hoodie. One had mop of curls on his head with greenish eyes and a huge smile is plastered on his face. The other one had a Justin Bieber haircut that was tousled and blue eyes. Another one has dirty blonde hair also with blue eyes. Lastly, the one who was texting has curly, light brown hair with chocolate brown eyes.

Anyway, the game already began. The players were really swinging, running and throwing really hard. My brother cheered with all the Yankee fans. I just clapped my hands to whoever team got the point.

Until it was announced that it is already time for Kiss Cam.

Many couples were flashed on the big screen and of course, they kissed. One of them even proposed to his girlfriend! It was really sweet. I was having a fun time until I saw my face and Mr. Hoodie on the big, Phillips screen.

“Look who we got here!” the announcer announced. “Zayn Malik from One Direction and his girlfriend!”

I looked and asked him, “You’re Zayn from 1D? “

He chuckled, “The one and only.” That’s why he looks familiar.

“Hurry up, superstar!” The crowd was going berserk. Some of them were cheering for us to kiss. Teenage girls were shouting “no”. I seriously don’t know what to do.

Ok. I told myself. I’m gonna do the right thing.

“I’m not his girlfriend.” I said, waving my hand while shaking my head. The crowd was now booing us and kept on shouting, “Hurry up!” and even the screen flashed the words: “HURRY UP!”

Geez, people!

Even the boys of 1D were shouting and they were really laughing hard. Niall was recording the situation while laughing hysterically.

“Go grab her, Zayn!” Harry teased while laughing.

I looked at Zayn and he was also laughing while looking at me. Suddenly, he leaned in; his face was inches away from mine and gave me a light lingering kiss on the lips.

It only took seconds for him to pull away. He smirked at me and I smiled, looking down. The crowd was again going berserk.  The crowd didn’t stop cheering until the announcer said that the game will resume already.

                                                          ************************

The game ended with New York Yankees winning the game. My brother and I were already outside the stadium when Zayn caught up with me.

“Hey!” He said, panting.

“Hi.” I said, smiling. 

“Can I have your number?” He handed me his phone. I grabbed it and typed my number.

“Here you go.” I handed him his phone and smiled my most sweetest smile.

“Thanks.” He smirked. “I’ll call you later.” My brother was already on his car, honking me to get in.

“Uh. . . OK. I have to go.” I smiled, turning my heel and walking towards my brother’s car.

“Wait!”

I turned around and looked at him, confused all over my face. He was now in front of me. His face inches away from me. His gorgeous eyes staring unto mine. “What’s your name?” 

That’s the only time that I realize that I was catching my breath.

I calm myself and said, “Emerald.”

“Well Emerald, don’t cover you beautiful face like that.” He reached up and pushed the hair behind my brown, long, wavy hair making me smile and at the same time blush. I walked away and got into the car.

Hm. . . . sports isn’t so bad after all.